Remote start and memory seat

Hey everyone,

I tired to google this issue and cant seem to find an answer (all I saw were links to this site so I figured Id sign up)

So i just finished installing a viper 5501 remote start into my wifes 09 Edge. Once its remote started and she unlocks the door (with the viper fob) she can not get the memory seat to work. She hits the button number 1 and nothing... Is this just a coincidence or something with the remote start.

thanks all,

Hey everyone,

I tired to google this issue and cant seem to find an answer (all I saw were links to this site so I figured Id sign up)

So i just finished installing a viper 5501 remote start into my wifes 09 Edge. Once its remote started and she unlocks the door (with the viper fob) she can not get the memory seat to work. She hits the button number 1 and nothing... Is this just a coincidence or something with the remote start.

thanks all,

Hi RGS. :D My Internet guess? When the vehicle battery is disconnected, the memory seat feature can lose any programmed memory settings. So if the battery for your Edge was disconnected during the remote start install (or for any reason), the memory seat function programming was wiped out. Before you rack your brains too much, follow the memory seat programming instructions to reprogram them.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :beerchug:

Hey everyone,

thanks all,

My 2011 Edge's seat will get stuck in the back position. Ford replaced the module but that was no help.

I've found that if I move the seat back and forth (sometimes move it all the way forward) the automatic seats start working again.

(I've also have had the seat squeeze me into the steering wheel 3 times. I had to bail out of the car to prevent suffocation!)

Edited by wilsons66604