2013 Edge Production Starts 2/13/12?

I was doing some browsing on some auto leasing sites for factory updates and I noticed that the 2012 Edge's are already built out and 2013 production starts next month (02/13/12). Any ideas as to why the 2013s are coming out already or what the changes might be? Or is the plan to run 2013's early for a longer run in advance of an all-new 2014?

I thought I remember coming across pictures of the 2013 lineup on Ford's website, but now I can only find 3 or so "future" vehicles. I can't say much about changes to the car itself except for what was provided with the previous link, but I do know they are planning major updates to the My Ford Touch system's interface and performance that is scheduled to be standard with 2013 Edge models (but I imagine most 2012 and 2011's can update also), the link to that write up can be find here... http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31166_7-57318217-271/myford-touch-gets-graphics-performance-update/

Hope this helps somewhat

• 1 month later...