Front License Plate Bracket

• 2 weeks later...

I am required to have a front license plate. Is the standard bracket that is ordered with the Edge good enough? Does it look okay? Or is there a better alternative? Is there an alternative without having to drill holes in the nose? Just wondering if any others have had experience with this part

I wish I could give you mine. Not required for my state. Standard bracket is riveted to my front bumper. Very solid. Doesn't block off air path. As brackets go....it is more than adequate.

• Like 1

I wish I could give you mine. Not required for my state. Standard bracket is riveted to my front bumper. Very solid. Doesn't block off air path. As brackets go....it is more than adequate.

Amen, I don't know why Ford figured they had to do it this way - as many as not don't need the damn thing at all! OK, I think I've finally found something I don't like about our Edge happy%20feet.gif

I think there is a long thread on this issue. My MKX had the front bracket riveted on. I drilled the rivets out, leaving two small holes in the front bumper. Lowes hdwre sells some plastic push pins that fit right in and almost flush. If I had thought to paint them with the touch up paint, I think they would be totally un noticible. Bumper looks much smoother.