DDM Tuning 55w 5000k HID install questions

Might do a search on this site for HID. There are some photos of where some have mounted the ballasts. I would not trust the tape alone to hold the ballasts. Some have posted there were existing holes that provided mounting points. I'm waiting for warmer weather, but will be ordering a kit from RetroSolutions. Their kit seems to be top notch, and from what I've seen on this forum and others, their support and customer service is top notch as well.

• Like 1

As Mazz suggested there are several threads with pics. I also agree that double stick tape is likely going to be a problem especially if you do it now. I have never had good luck with getting good adherence when it is cold. It will hold just long enough for you to think it si OK then let loose.

As Mazz suggested there are several threads with pics. I also agree that double stick tape is likely going to be a problem especially if you do it now. I have never had good luck with getting good adherence when it is cold. It will hold just long enough for you to think it si OK then let loose.

I have checked the forum for ballast mounting locations and just popped the hood to look for suitable locations but am drawing a blank. As far as double sided tape, i would use as last resort and apply when car was sitting in my works heated garage overnight to ensure proper bonding

I have checked the forum for ballast mounting locations and just popped the hood to look for suitable locations but am drawing a blank. As far as double sided tape, i would use as last resort and apply when car was sitting in my works heated garage overnight to ensure proper bonding

I used the same location that the factory ballasts use. It's on the side of the headlight assembly and is just the right size. I drilled a hole top and bottom through the supporting flange and then just ran a cable tie through it and around the ballast. It ends up being nice and secure and easily removed if necessary.

HIDBallastMount.jpg