Clips for Sport Rocker Moulding 2011 Edge Sport

ahammet

I recently had my 2011 Edge Sport in the body shop for a quote on some repairs. I have a slight crack where i must have hit something on the right hand rocker moulding near the rear wheel and I was told (correctly or incorrectly) that ford do not have a specific part for the 14 or so clips that hold the sport rocker molding to the body. They then said there was a 50/50 chance they could remove it to fix from behind without breaking the clips and was told i would need to buy the whole part to get the actual replacement clips. To be honest i find this a croc, but the body shop seems reputable. I've also had a look at a parts manual and it seems to confirm this. Someone in this great community must know of somewhere i can get the part. I did find Grainger Industrial supply out the us US (i am in canada) with part 5ZLY0, but i am not sure if this is suitable for the sport, it does mention 2007 Ford Edge MKX. There was a post by shantz who coloured the black limited moulding and a pic of a clip, so hopefully on the right track.

You assistance is much appreciated, since i do not want to have to pay $1300 and complete moulding (with clips) that should only cost $20

Adam