Sunroof rattle (cold)

I've had my 2012 Edge Sport for just over three weeks and absolutely love it. My only complaint is the large sunroof rattles toward the rear of the front panel when closed. It seems to become more noticeable when it is cold (recent temps have been in the 20s). How can I remedy this?

Thanks for your help and all the great content here. This is my first of what I hope will be a lot of posts.

---

2012 Ford Edge Sport

Tuxedo Black

I've had my 2012 Edge Sport for just over three weeks and absolutely love it. My only complaint is the large sunroof rattles toward the rear of the front panel when closed. It seems to become more noticeable when it is cold (recent temps have been in the 20s). How can I remedy this?

Thanks for your help and all the great content here. This is my first of what I hope will be a lot of posts.

---

2012 Ford Edge Sport

Tuxedo Black

Hi frazi. :D This is my best advice - Noises and rattles can be tricky to pin down. You have a brand new vehicle with a 3 year/36,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty. You make a service appointment, bring the Edge in, clearly explain, describe and demonstrate the rattles to the Service Writer and/or Tech, then let them diagnose the cause and fix it.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :beerchug:

Open the sunroof and get in the back. There is a plastic trim piece around the rear sunroof that rattles. Flick it with your finger and you'll see what I mean. I got the inside of my truck really warm with the heater and carefully put a layer of Dynamat (easy to buy at Best Buy or a stereo shop) along the inside of the trim piece. If it has fallen away from the velcro at the corners it will continue to do so all the time and you will also need to go to Home Depot and buy some industrial strength velcro to replace it. The dealer will just stick it back and call it fixed. This small part is the only rattle I have ever had in my 2008 MKX and is a horrible piece of engineering.

Good luck.