2008 ford edge tire pressure sensor fault message

zipidy

I have 2008 ford edge that has an intermittent tire prssure sensor fault light that comes on. This is NOT a low tire pressure message. Once the key is off the light is off. Usually comes on after several miles of driving at at higher speeds. I have had the sensors tested but unless the failure is happening at the time no can tell me whiich sensor is at fault. Ford dealers tell me the system does set a failure code indicating the individual sensor at fault. I have problem just replacing all the sensors as a guess. This is not caused by electrical interence by the cell phone charger as this affects 2007 models only and the condition exists with the cell phone off and no charger attached. Has anyone had this condition repaired that has proved satifactory? This drives me nuts, if no one has asuggestion I will resort to replacing all of the wheel sensors. By the way the sensors have been tesed and recalibrated and when I put new tires on they were visualy inspected. This condition existed prior to replacing the tires. The tires replaced were OE tires. 18 inch rims (oe) and it is all wheel drive!

So are you saying that when they recalibrated the sensors, it accepted all 4 sensors with no problems? My first guess would be to try to recalibrate them again, if you have a bad sensor it won't recalibrate.

Yes,they have been recalibrated 2 times. No change in performance. I suspect one sensor battery is weak or one is being affected by wheel speed or bumps in the road. Seems to occur more in high tempratures and at high speeds, but has cccured at lower tempratures and lower speeds. My last resort will be replacing sensors two at a time and hope to get lucky!

• 12 years later...
On 2/2/2012 at 7:06 PM, zipidy said:

Yes,they have been recalibrated 2 times. No change in performance. I suspect one sensor battery is weak or one is being affected by wheel speed or bumps in the road. Seems to occur more in high tempratures and at high speeds, but has cccured at lower tempratures and lower speeds. My last resort will be replacing sensors two at a time and hope to get lucky!

Please how did you finally resolve this issue?