Audio upgrade done & now there's a high pitched noise

Hey Folks,

I recently had a 6" Bazooka sub, a Boss Chaos Epic 5 channel amp & a RE-Q5 installed. I love the result with one exception: I now have a high pitched sound coming from all sources on my SEL's MFT head unit. The sound is at a constant pitch and sounds very much like a 16 kHz tone.

I know many of you have this same set up, so I'm wondering if any of you found this same problem. If so, is there something simple I can to do fix it?

If it's complicated, I'll take it back to the installer and let him chase the problem down.

Peace,

DM

Well, I took it back to my installer and he tinkered with the gain on the RE-Q5 and also installed two RCA noise filters. That did the trick. No more 16 kHz tone. He made some other adjustments to the overall sound stage because I was concerned that things were too bright and harsh. Sounds much warmer now.

Really glad I've upgraded the sound system. Can't wait until I get the MFT software upgrade. ;)

Thank you guys for your input.

Peace,

• 2 weeks later...