MFT upgrade

I live in London Canada and I have received my notice in the mail about the MFT upgrade. Out of curiosity I went to my dealership to ask about it and I knew more about the upgrade then anyone there did. My Edge is still under warranty so I asked if it would be better to let them do the MFT upgrade and they said it doesn't matter if the dealership performs the upgrade it is $115.00. Not very good customer goodwill.They also didn't know if those with nav got a new sdcard.

I also received a postcard (monday Jan-31)stating that I will "soon" receive a usb drive. I presume that they will also ship the SD card for the updated navigation at the same time. I have done updates with the usb drives before and it is quite simple, follow the instructions and remember never, never, turn the car off until the upgrade is complete.

All in all about an hour start to finish, which would probable explain the $115 dealer charge for about an hour labour.

I also received a postcard (monday Jan-31)stating that I will "soon" receive a usb drive. I presume that they will also ship the SD card for the updated navigation at the same time. I have done updates with the usb drives before and it is quite simple, follow the instructions and remember never, never, turn the car off until the upgrade is complete.

All in all about an hour start to finish, which would probable explain the $115 dealer charge for about an hour labour.

I was just surprised to hear that they would charge you to insert a usb stick into your car. This is something I feel should be done for free for all MFT owners.I am sure there are people out there that will be hesitant for one reason or another to do this them-selfs and Ford should not charge to get it done. Just my opinion