Installing front license plate bracket

CaptKirk

Ok, I have searched and found many posts about removing the front bracket, but none about installing. Unfortunately I am in Ohio and have to have a front plate :angry: . And my used 2011 Limited did not come with the bracket and I have to put one on. The dealer gave me a new one, but no directions how, where and what to install it with. Has anyone had to install one or maybe somebody that has removed theirs could help me.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Ok, I have searched and found many posts about removing the front bracket, but none about installing. Unfortunately I am in Ohio and have to have a front plate :angry: . And my used 2011 Limited did not come with the bracket and I have to put one on. The dealer gave me a new one, but no directions how, where and what to install it with. Has anyone had to install one or maybe somebody that has removed theirs could help me.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Just bring it to the dealership all they have to do is put the rivets in. If Ohio requires a front plate they should have done it for you at the dealership already. It takes no more then 10 mins.

Just bring it to the dealership all they have to do is put the rivets in. If Ohio requires a front plate they should have done it for you at the dealership already. It takes no more then 10 mins.

x2

if you take it back to your purchasing dealership they should do it for free since your state law requires front and rear plates.

Good idea, if the dealer I bought the car from wasn't an hour and a half away........ No one has any idea how this as attached??

make sure to get the bracket that fits your edge, hold it up to the front bumper so it fits flush, may take a few adjustments, using a straight pick or sharpie, mark the holes, drill them, put the bracket back up and line up the holes, and using a LARGE arm rivet gun run in two aluminum rivets. you can get the bracket and rivets from ANY Ford dealer.