Navagation System Operating Manual

Got my fully-loaded '07 SEL+AWD yesterday (great car!). My dealer had to bring the car from another nearby dealership. It arrived without any documentation or the DVD for the Nav system. Today they got the DVD, but still no manual. I persuaded my salesman to pull the documentation from another in-stock Edge, but all I got was the Quick Start pamphlet. That has very basic info...enough to get me started, but it makes reference to "consult the Nav system Owners Manual" for complete information. So, my question is: What is the full documentation others received for their Nav system? Knowing what others received will make it easier to explain to the dealer exactly what's missing. Other touch screen systems I've owned also included a special cleaning cloth to remove fingerprints and keep the screen clean. I'm curious if this item was also provided to other owners. So far, all I've got is the map DVD and a small "quick start" guide. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete in Virginia

Got my fully-loaded '07 SEL+AWD yesterday (great car!). My dealer had to bring the car from another nearby dealership. It arrived without any documentation or the DVD for the Nav system. Today they got the DVD, but still no manual. I persuaded my salesman to pull the documentation from another in-stock Edge, but all I got was the Quick Start pamphlet. That has very basic info...enough to get me started, but it makes reference to "consult the Nav system Owners Manual" for complete information. So, my question is: What is the full documentation others received for their Nav system? Knowing what others received will make it easier to explain to the dealer exactly what's missing. Other touch screen systems I've owned also included a special cleaning cloth to remove fingerprints and keep the screen clean. I'm curious if this item was also provided to other owners. So far, all I've got is the map DVD and a small "quick start" guide. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete in Virginia

Our Edge came with both the Quick Start and full printed navigation system manual. Here's a link to the manual in PDF format:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/cont...2/07pnssn1e.pdf

No cleaning cloth came with our system...a microfiber cloth works just fine to clean the fingerprints off the screen.

Hope this helps...

Living in Minneapolis, page 62 'Avoid Area' feature was programmed today. Unfortunately it may be years before they can rebuild the bridge. Not that I am complaining, thank heaven's my family, friends and co-workers were all seemingly out of harm's way. My usual 18-20 minute commute turned into 45 today........