2009 Edge Spark Plug Information and Picture

evh

I pulled a spark plug from my 2009 Edge Limited that has 95,000 miles on it. They have never been replaced. The markings on the plug are: MotorcraftPlatinum AYFS22FM with H8 written sideways on it. I measured the gap and it was at .064. The owner's manual says it should be .05 - .057. I have attached a picture of it:

post-9254-0-80804600-1331504700_thumb.jpg

Edited by evh

• 1 month later...

That's good to know. I've seen spark plugs come out of engines with 40,000 miles on them look way worse. Were they an absolute mother to break free after 95,000 miles? The first time I read the 100,000 mile recommended spark plug change I thought it was a missprint, but maybe they actually can go for about that long.

That's good to know. I've seen spark plugs come out of engines with 40,000 miles on them look way worse. Were they an absolute mother to break free after 95,000 miles? The first time I read the 100,000 mile recommended spark plug change I thought it was a missprint, but maybe they actually can go for about that long.

Many years ago, the spark plug manufacturers said that when they get a decent ignition system, spark plugs will last a very long time. That was back when they had to be changed every 10,000 miles.