Audiophile Sound System

Contact your local dealership, ask for the service department. Ask the service man- who's the local radio shop in your area that handles the factory authorized repairs. Call that shop and they can answer ALL your radio questions. I had some radio questions and that's what I did.

This can indeed be done. I forgot to order Sirius on my MKX & my dealership installed it in their custom shop. It operates exactly as the factory unit would. I did have to pay $495 for it though.

I agree as well.

I was supposed to have the Audiophile with the factory nav, but the dealer made a mistake. What he apparently didn't know was that if the dealer installed the nav, you only get the Audiophile headend and not the speakers, amp or sub. :banghead:

I'm a little dissappointed, but at least the business end is correct. I'll replace the door speakers and that will satisfy me, since I want the two way speakers in the doors even if I don't get the sub!

If the dealership made a mistake, get them to take care of this. If you just got the head end, there is a BIG difference. I had this happen with a new 90 Chrysler. I wanted the Infinity system & they charged me full price to install just the head. I soon discovered what they did when I realized how bad the system sounded. Come to find out after a long hassle that it wasn't possible to get that system unless the correct wiring harness was installed when the car was built.

Bottom line is that they tried to rip me off & I caught them. I ended up going to Consumer Protection & won my case. I brought my car to a custom shop & had a nice system put in at the dealers expense.

This can indeed be done. I forgot to order Sirius on my MKX & my dealership installed it in their custom shop. It operates exactly as the factory unit would. I did have to pay $495 for it though.

I called my dealership today and they gave me the same price. Are you able to control your SAT through your radio or did they give you on of those after market car kits? Also did you have an iPod hooked into your AUX, will you end up losing that? I know these are question I should have asked the dealer but I wasn't thinking. I also figured it might be better to ask someone who had it done. Thanks again for the answers!

I called my dealership today and they gave me the same price. Are you able to control your SAT through your radio or did they give you on of those after market car kits? Also did you have an iPod hooked into your AUX, will you end up losing that? I know these are question I should have asked the dealer but I wasn't thinking. I also figured it might be better to ask someone who had it done. Thanks again for the answers!

It works exactly the same as factory installed with full use of all controls, including those on the steering wheel. Except for the incorrect antenna, you'd never know the differnce.

I don't have iPod hooked up, so not sure if you would loose that or not. On the THX, it has an AUX position as well as SAT 1, 2 & 3.

Edited by MKX2007

I too am dissapointed with Audiophile in my edge.

Anyway to get new speakers with seperated mid and near with cross-over? I did this with my F150 2004 with Audiophile, and made a world of difference.

Do you think a better quality of speaker will amke a difference?

Any and all suggestions welcome!!

I too am dissapointed with Audiophile in my edge.

Anyway to get new speakers with seperated mid and near with cross-over? I did this with my F150 2004 with Audiophile, and made a world of difference.

Do you think a better quality of speaker will amke a difference?

Any and all suggestions welcome!!

Upgrading the speakers is one of the easiest ways to improve your system. Then, if you want to spend bigger money an amp & larger sub. Edited by MKX2007

Bluedart,

Sure it can be done but if you're not happy with the stock system replacing the speakers alone will not satisfy you. It will sound a lil better but It will only sound as good as the source...which is the head unit. You will get more bang for your buck in the aftermarket. What, IYO, is the system lacking sound wise? What kind of music you listen too? Whats your budget? Look on crutchfield to see whats out there? You want more bass is my guess.

SAT radio is not worth it! 100+ channels of nothing you want to hear. You just end up going back to FM after the new wears off. HD radio is the way to go..and its free!

Dealer techs are good for oil changes, tire rotations and warranty stuff. Thats about it. Anyone that actually has some skill/knowledge doesn't work at a dealer for long. Very few exceptions. A word of advice, double check anything they do yourself. I bet half of you can get your wife/gf to unscrew your oil filter with 2 fingers if it was done by the dealer. Drain plugs only hand tight are common also. Always ask for your old parts.