Chrome grille starting to get cloudy/oxidized in one spot

CinnamonEdge

My grille is starting to show a little cloudiness or oxidation in one area. Has anyone else experienced this? Im not concerned too much right now because it is minor but I don't want it to get worse and look like my wifes old 2000 Malibu grille. I see a little bit on the next section of grille buff it a little with some Meguiars Plastix and sealed it with spray wax but it doesn't seem to help. The Edge only has 7000 miles and i bought it this past January. Any ideas on how to fix it or if ford will cover this?

post-29258-0-19881600-1402335929_thumb.jpg

I would take it to the dealers service dept.or body shop. This is a defective coating issue. I have seen this before on Fords products and the defective products are covered under product warranty. That's to say If you bought a chrome product and this happen it would be covered. I was a body repairmen and Ford always replaced their products at no charge.

Jc

• 1 month later...

I went to Tasca Ford today and the body shop man said that the grille is not defective and that road salt dripping off the hood must have caused it or something dripped on it. I was kinda upset so they took some pictures and will submit them to Ford. I just bought the Edge in January and it only has 8K miles on the odometer. I always keep it clean and waxed. Even if it was road salt it shouldn't corrode after one winter! I guess everyother Edge must have the same issue then. We will see what happens. A little bit P.O.'d.

So Ford DENIED my claim. Pretty pissed off right now. I have had the car for 6 months and already had all the weather striping changed under warranty. They had to replace my emblem because of corrosion. Now they are denying my claim on a $50.00 chrome piece that will get stained and cloudy by rain water. So I guess I shouldnt drive in the rain. My Edge has under 9k miles and I'm not a happy person right now.

Edited by CinnamonEdge