Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Wipers won't turn off!

wipers

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mac66

mac66

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

Having the same problem and it is driving me nuts. I now have to drive 200 miles with this annoying issue. I have had so many annoying issues with my 2012 Edge that I will definitely not purchase a Ford in the future. I have an appointment scheduled but se this is a known issue with Ford I feel they should be doing something to fix the problem rather than charging customers for this fix.

Between this wiper issue and an coil issue I am having it is now going to cost me $1100 dollars for a car that has less than 55K miles on it. FORDS SUCK!!! Never Again!!!!

Edited by mac66, 11 April 2016 - 10:03 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Xuduo Li

Xuduo Li

New Edge Member

• Facebook Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:49 AM

I have the same issue, BUT I have a fix for it....

I am not sure it is the right way, but at least it did stopped..

What I have done was, turn the wipers on, any speed should be fine, during that,push the lever downward(the one swipe mode), during in the one swipe mode, turn off the wipers to 0.

This had fixed my problems for a couple of times. I do not guarantee it will work, but try it.

• omar302 likes this

#23 OFFLINE   macbwt

macbwt

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 2,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Neither of my 2011's have a wiper issue.  If I did I most likely would perform swap tronics due to the low cost and ease of replacing the wiper control.  IF that did not fix it then diagnostics would be in order.

#24 OFFLINE   Herb

Herb

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

I just wanted to add I have had the same problem with my 2011 Edge for months. Wipers come on when car is started and act as though they are in intermittent mode. Nothing turns them off other than turning the ignition off. I've yet to see much of a concrete answer but there are several forums with dozens who have the same problems. Absolutely frustrating!

#25 OFFLINE   macbwt

macbwt

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 2,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

My wifes started to operate today until I realized they were on Auto and I had just entered the car wash.

#26 OFFLINE   jmshan

jmshan

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

I, too, am experiencing the same problem. Windshield wipers stay on at intermittent speed when dial is switched to off position. My 2012 Ford Edge has 44,000 miles. Why so many people having same problem? How many people need to list this problem before Ford looks into a recall? I purchased the extended warranty premium care,hopefully it's covered.
So I don't end up going back to the dealership more than once, does anyone have the correct fix that I can tell them?

Edited by jmshan, 22 January 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,632 posts
  • Region:Middle East

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

I, too, am experiencing the same problem. Windshield wipers stay on at intermittent speed when dial is switched to off position. My 2012 Ford Edge has 44,000 miles. Why so many people having same problem? How many people need to list this problem before Ford looks into a recall? I purchased the extended warranty premium care,hopefully it's covered.
So I don't end up going back to the dealership more than once, does anyone have the correct fix that I can tell them?

The fix is as reported in post#2, replace the wiper switch (stalk). It is about $30, with rain sensing wipers or without. It takes about 10 minutes to replace.

Edited by omar302, 22 January 2017 - 11:04 PM.

• macbwt likes this

#28 OFFLINE   chrism08873

chrism08873

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

I know this is an older topic but I had to deal with this problem in my Ford 2013 Edge just now.    Fast track to solve this problem:

1.) Order the replacement part (wiper switch on steering column).  On Ebay it can go as cheap as $25-$30.   Auto parts stores, something like 2-3 times more.

2.) *IF* it's driving you crazy and it's not raining and you don't need your wipers (and you're sure it's not going to rain), you can stop the movement by PULLING THE RELAY for the WIPERS.   Read your owners manual (also available online).  Identify the relay in the fuse box inside the engine compartment and yank it out.   Keep it safe - you may need to pop it back in.

3.) Follow multiple youtube vids showing how to swap out the faulty switch once your part comes in.   Then put back the relay if you haven't already.

*Note:  There is live current going thru the fuse box if the battery is connected.  The owners manual will tell you to disconnect the battery before attempting to mess with any high power / amps fuses or relays.   Perform the procedure at your own risk.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and omar302 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users