blows hot and cold air when AC turned on

pitchkri

• 2 weeks later...

A simple thermometer test would set the record straight on the question if the AC is or is not working correctly. All vents should be nearly equal in temp. If the part you say is not working the only reason it would put out hot air is if the blend door is not working and depending on where it is located will be the most expensive part of the project. They usually do not place the actuators in an accessible location.

I have this exact same issue, well it's in reverse. External temperature is about 85f. My drivers side vents blow cold and passenger side blows hot. It does not matter what temperature setting is set. I tried everything from both lo and max to max on the passenger and 75 on the driver. Same result every time, hot out of the passenger upper vents and cold out of the drivers upper vents. Tried starting the car with ac system off also. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My edge is out of warranty due to mileage.

Anyone know of TSBs or have dash removal procedures?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My AC would do this (hot air driver side, cold air passenger) and if I closed off driver side then the passenger side would blow hot. Eventually on long trips the passenger side would also blow hot even though the AC compressor was still cycling. If left on the compressor would eventually stop cycling. Turn off the car a wait a few hours and the AC would work perfectly again. My problem was a sticking expansion valve. Currently being fixed at the dealer for $566. :(

• 4 months later...