LMS or Unleashed Tune? - Which is better?

commbubba19

They recently released their tunes for the MKX which has much better gains compared to the Edge tunes. A member on the Facebook Sport Page asked them why there was a difference between the two and they said "We found some more tricks to getting more hp out of the 2.7L platform. We are currently developing a hotter tune for the 2.7L edge sport". It would require my time on the dyno so a member that lived close by said he would take his in so they could do some runs on it. Jump a few weeks later and they are now saying there are currently no plans on making any new revisions to the tune. The Edge sport is currently on V1 tune. The Escape 2.0 is up to a V10 and the Fusion Sport is up to a V5.

Yes, but remember that you are very likely voiding your powertrain and drivetrain warranty. I can see how the Ecoboost guys are willing to take that risk as the power boost is just HUGE. However the gains on a very well optimized n/a engine are going to be relatively small and any gains at the track will be more likely due to a shifting calibration that is being more abusive to the drivetrain. I also do not have a lot of faith with these canned tuners from places like SCT as they often make modifications without even getting a test vehicle onto the dyno. Many of these canned tunes literally advance spark timing and turn up the line pressure. That would be like how back in the older days, we didn't even need those guys as we would install an aftermarket performance shift kit and advance the timing ourselves on the distributor.

• Like 1