Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   Tulsa

Tulsa

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Today mine decided it no longer wanted to be part of the living and so it provided me with this display. Excuse the reflection of me, this is ugly enough and I wasn't trying to make it worse.

Posted Image

Now you'll notice there is no headers over any of the 4 quardrants, the text of the street I'm on is cut off with only half showing, the compass is in never never land, no radio stations are displayed and no connection to my phone.

After stopping and restarting several times I finally gave up and pulled the fuse.

What a freakin joke this software is...

Edited by Tulsa, 11 May 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#262 OFFLINE   knodt

knodt

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

We've had the 2011 Edge Limited for a year and a half. We absolutly love the car but the Synch as we all know is a disaster. We've had all the problems everyone else has had and have the latest software from April 2012, had a new APIM installed last year and are down to two problems. Blue Tooth and lost radio stations. I heard there was an updated APIM but after 3 days the dealer still can't tell me if we have the latest model. The dealer has been very courtious THE 8 TIMES we've had it in for these problems but I feel we're at the end of the line and It's about time to call in the lawyers. I don't think Ford is capable of fixing this problem. I have a garage full of Fords from a 70 Mach one, a 92 Mustang GT and now this. Extreamly disapointed in Ford.

#263 OFFLINE   Jerryvig58

Jerryvig58

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have a 2011 Ford Edge limited with SYNC.

From day one, the problems have been endless, most of you know what they are.

NOW my single CD wont eject. Nothing in the manual for trouble shooting.
No on screen command for eject.
None of the one screen command work, either voice of touch.

Little dash board eject arrow does not respond.

Rebooted.....nothing.

Im am about to take a hammer to it.
Do I have to go to the dealership AGAIN ?

#264 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

The same thing happened to me during my update, but I'm afraid it'll take a trip to the dealership to sort it out.  After I received my message of "Installation Failed   The Installation has run out of space or does not work with this version."...screen went blank and attempted to reboot but only displays a F9(F like Adobe Flash and a small 9 in a yellow triangle on the bottom right of the F).  I think my installation attempted to write the files and now my system looks like it's bricked.  I have access to the backup camera in reverse, but nothing else. on the screen.  Anyone else experience this?  I was hoping there was a way to initiate a fresh install.

#265 OFFLINE   ZZedge

ZZedge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

The same thing happened to me during my update, but I'm afraid it'll take a trip to the dealership to sort it out.  After I received my message of "Installation Failed   The Installation has run out of space or does not work with this version."...screen went blank and attempted to reboot but only displays a F9(F like Adobe Flash and a small 9 in a yellow triangle on the bottom right of the F).  I think my installation attempted to write the files and now my system looks like it's bricked.  I have access to the backup camera in reverse, but nothing else. on the screen.  Anyone else experience this?  I was hoping there was a way to initiate a fresh install.

I got the same message - i pressed ok and then it was stuck on install 1 of 9 for an hour. Not knowing what else to do, i shutdown the engine and waited for the usb key light to turn off, then removed the usb key, started the engine, and re-inserted the usb key, it started from where it left off and continued. Install completed successfully. Of course, i found the instructions there after where they indicate to do the master reset. Some how it has worked...

#266 OFFLINE   scottty6

scottty6

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Just installed 3.5.1 three days ago since then I've had to shut off the ambient lighting every morning.  I'm trying to figure out if is a time based reset or something else. I've stopped and started the engine in my driveway and the problem does not return. I start the car in the morning after sitting all night and the problems returns. It's just annoying enough I have to ask, is anyone else having this problem?

#267 OFFLINE   scottty6

scottty6

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

After a master reset 3.5.1 is working like a champ!!!!

#268 OFFLINE   ianm31

ianm31

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm having issues getting the latest update installed, any help would be much appreciated. I know I might have to take it to the dealer, but trying to avoid that. I work on Microsoft systems for a living, so it's annoying me that it's not working right (even though I'm used to it.. :)

After doing a master reset, I tried to do the update, but kept getting a message that the USB drive isn't supported. I tried two different drives (16gb, 64gb) and doing another master reset. I made sure that the Sync update was all that was on the drive, same thing. Also got a message to make sure the install file was on the root of the drive (which it was) when I went through the menu to do a software installation. Ugh..

It says to make sure the drive is at least 2gb, is a 16gb drive too big? I have a bunch of either 1 or 2 gb drives in my office at work, but that doesn't do me any good now..

Any ideas?

Ian

#269 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,026 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Reformat the usb drive to Fat32, then redownload the update.

#270 OFFLINE   ianm31

ianm31

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Reformat the usb drive to Fat32, then redownload the update.

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. It's probably NTFS, didn't even think about that..  Thanks, I'll try it this week!

#271 OFFLINE   SoMdLimited

SoMdLimited

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

I haven't been on in a while, which is a good thing in that all seemed to be working well with MFT. I've been fortunate with my Edge to have avoided many of the problems others have experienced.

I've performed two system updates as they've become available, and am currently running version 3.2.2. Trouble free until the other day, when upon entering the Edge, I noticed the screen was "on" as it was when I had turned the car off the night before. Then, the rear camera failed to work, and I had lost the navi screen (black) but the current street/location still appeared on the upper right portion of the screen.

With that, I decided to try a master reset. No luck.

Then back to the forum for ideas. Thought about doing the latest upgrade (3.5), but before doing that I thought I'll try pulling fuse 29. Actually, I pulled the entire harness plug from the fuse block, then reinserted it. After a brief delay,  MFT went to the black "performing system maintenence" screen and shortly thereafter, everything was back up and running normally.

As has been mentioned before, avoid the master reset if you have similar issues. That takes you back to default settings and you have to reenter any previously saved items, i.e. Navi favorites. Pulling the fuse, while somewhat of a pain that we have to resort to that, that was the fix. :hyper:

#272 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 331 posts
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Yep!  As discussed here since the release of MFT back in 8/10-  The LACK of a user controlled reboot in the base software has been a major BLUNDER.  

The stupid corp. idea of we are great- there is no need for an eraser on a pencil mentality has more than BACKFIRED with the 9+ releases & constant removal of feature after feature with the tag line  "in the interest of system stability & overall system  performance" we have removed......

We have master reset which is overkill for many errors/prroblems- but still needed in some cases. 

The fact that a direct reboot app was distributed for a while before Ford management put a FULL STOP to it is beyound stupid. 

The fact that I and a few others were able to get a straight answer from Ford  that- yes you can use the delayed reboot that is a part of the old Sirius channel line up update w/o harm as a app tool was amazing to get a straight answer.  It has been stupid  not to release teh DIRECT REBOOT APP.  I am one of the few that has the direct ( not delayed) reboot app & pleaded on why it could not be further released or "unlocked" so we could distribute.   It became clear that the ones responsible for distributing got a "lashng" & were told to cease & decist.

#273 OFFLINE   goatee

goatee

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

The 3,5 update seems to be working for me.  Now I am unable to use Mapquest for sending maps to my navi.  When I hit the send button, nothing gets sent but the wheel on the screen spins forever.  

#274 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Over at syncmyride many have mentioned ie10 & mapquest is now problematic.  Try google chrome or try the mobile apps- destinations or Lincoln mobile - I have done that & worked till bugs worked out.

#275 OFFLINE   tpm419419

tpm419419

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

There is also a very good phone app "Send to Car" for both IOS and Android. Great for copying addresses from your phone book

#276 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the idea of "Send to Car".   I have had MFT/MLT for almost 3 years & the 3 years free will soon expire.   & I guess so will the usefulness of their app since it is tied to services.    Ford had the GREAT idea of changing the $60/year renewal price but changed it to $199 for Lincoln owners.  This may be an alternative.

#277 OFFLINE   stang99x

stang99x

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 23 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Ok so I just got an 11 Sport.  It obviously has the MFT system.  I've played with a few over the years and known many folks that had them, never seen nor heard of a problem until I went online and specifically looked for problems. (i.e. I searched for MFT/SYNC problems)  I was just curious if there were any known issues.  I've seen the mftsucks site, and a couple other sites dedicated to whining about the system.  I see one major problem with those sites......if you are going to go that far to whine and complain to the world, at least use proper grammar and spell check.  Nothing says this person is an idiot worse than minor grammar screwups, except for the MAJOR grammar fails.  If you can't use spell check, then i'd reckon you probably can't use a basic touch screen interface.  Not directing this at any of you, not by any means, just pointing out that if you really want to make a point like those folks, do it right.

Now, as for those who are fed up and can't get any help, I'm going to tell you how to solve this.  I've gotten fed up as hell over the years with a few major companies (I mean all Fortune 500, several Fortune 50)  These are all PUBLICLY owned companies...like you can buy stock and have a sliver of ownership.  That being said, at anytime you can call the corporate office and ask to speak to the CEO, president, whomever you wish.  Obviously, they aren't going to transfer you to Alan Mullaly.  Don't expect that.  But when they refuse, simply ask if they are denying you the right to speak to the (insert here whomever's rank) of a public company.  This will get their attention.  You'll be either transferred to an assistant, or will get a return call from one.  This assistant will work in one of the top dogs offices.  These people have far more power than anyone would ever think.  They are the last line before you speak to numero uno.  I have used this very method against FedEx, Blue Cross Blue Shield, AMEX, Atlanta Gas Light, and UPS and everytime it works without fail.

To give you a quick basic understanding.  When my sister became pregnant with her son, she had blue cross blue shield of GA insurance.  She called to verify maternity coverage, and it was confirmed she did.  After a visit to her doctor in the early stages, she recieved a denial of benefits because "no maternity coverage" with her policy.  I listened to her for days go round and round with those CSR's on the phone.  When she finally broke down crying I asked her if she wanted me to handle it.  Of course, between being a female, my sister, and pregnant you can imagine the response I got (no offense ladies, but those hormones do strange things to women......like eating pickles with dirt.....need I say more?)  Now, I know for a fact that BCBS of GA and every other major corporation records all calls for "quality assurance and training purposes."  Yea, no it's not for either of those.  They record those conversations for use against you in court after you fly off the handle on them and try to sue.  Then you look like an idiot.  However, that very safeguard on their part was their downfall in this case.  I called with my sister present, got my name attached to her account for the purposes of administration of phone service benefits and dealt with the issue.  Of course the CSR's and their managers decided to stonewall me.  No biggie.  I called the corporate office after that and asked to speak to the CEO (whose name I had already looked up)  Of course she was unavailable.  So I asked when she'd be available.  She doesn't take calls from individual customers.  Really? A public companies CEO won't talk to their customers?  Are you saying you will not allow me to speak to her?  Well then, attention now gotten, she said she would have the CEO's assistant call me.  I got a call that afternoon and explained how my sister was told she was covered and now they weren't covering her.  I said, i want the tapes of the conversation pulled and verified since I have a recorded copy of that conversation.  Ok, so I could bore you with the rest, but at the end of the day, though I never spoke to the CEO, they covered her for maternity.

Moral of the story is, when you can't get a reasonable solution, go straight to the top.  And don't get put off.  If they say they are going to return you call, ask when.  If they say tomorrow, expect a call.  If you don't get a call then, call back and express your displeasure immediately.  Don't get mad, don't use profanity.  Just push harder to the CEO.  Keep pushing.  They won't ignore you if you are persistant.  Like I said above, I've done this with BCBS of GA, FedEx, UPS, AMEX, and so forth.  It's worked every single time.  So when you succeed, post it up  :hyper:

• Carol likes this

#278 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Or for ford call 800 number - open a case file & use a regional rep.  Be persistent.  Use several examples & back up your position.   On several occasions they have been unwilling to FIX the problems but pushed the "send me a receipt" & we will reimburse you to make you go away.

#279 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Antonio of the FordIV Team  Welcome. 

Can you  Please comment on following concerns that seem to have been around most of the 3+ years since MFT/MLT has been released...:
1. Lat/Long direct input in nav- Why was it there & removed, returned & now finally removed again.  Is it ever slated to come back? Basic $199 Garmin/Tom Toms have this ability.
2. The USB counter up to nowhere instead of say backwards to zero or say 1:30 /2:00 min reference
3. the street name not showing in top right corner of 8” main display when you leave the map section of navigation but does show up with all other changes,
4. send your contact address to navigation to set as a destination STILL bombs-( supposedly due to a country code)  When will this be fixed?  Strange that the paid service works but the free one does not!  See below
5.  “send to sync” feature of Sync services (paid service) for destination addresses that used to work with Google maps but now only deals with MapQuest – OK-BUT has been failing  & not working if you use IE10 ( reg or compatibility), fails on firefox,  & even sometimes now fails on google chrome.
6. the disparity of Sync services renewal fees of $60 for Ford & displayed on Ford web site but $199 for Lincoln & conveniently not displayed- must call to hear the horror,  and no tiered pricing just the insane $199  Especially when the same sync services" reports ( news, sports, weather, entertainment, etc.) by the same reporter are available FREE when calling 408-752-8052.  Why would Ford incorporate a free service into their Subscription system & then TRY to charge $199 for what is free & in the clear & identical by others?

#280 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Support

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 419 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Antonio of the FordIV Team  Welcome. 

Can you  Please comment on following concerns that seem to have been around most of the 3+ years since MFT/MLT has been released...:
1. Lat/Long direct input in nav- Why was it there & removed, returned & now finally removed again.  Is it ever slated to come back? Basic $199 Garmin/Tom Toms have this ability.
2. The USB counter up to nowhere instead of say backwards to zero or say 1:30 /2:00 min reference
3. the street name not showing in top right corner of 8” main display when you leave the map section of navigation but does show up with all other changes,
4. send your contact address to navigation to set as a destination STILL bombs-( supposedly due to a country code)  When will this be fixed?  Strange that the paid service works but the free one does not!  See below
5.  “send to sync” feature of Sync services (paid service) for destination addresses that used to work with Google maps but now only deals with MapQuest – OK-BUT has been failing  & not working if you use IE10 ( reg or compatibility), fails on firefox,  & even sometimes now fails on google chrome.
6. the disparity of Sync services renewal fees of $60 for Ford & displayed on Ford web site but $199 for Lincoln & conveniently not displayed- must call to hear the horror,  and no tiered pricing just the insane $199  Especially when the same sync services" reports ( news, sports, weather, entertainment, etc.) by the same reporter are available FREE when calling 408-752-8052.  Why would Ford incorporate a free service into their Subscription system & then TRY to charge $199 for what is free & in the clear & identical by others?

Hi drpepper,

My scope primarily involves providing troubleshooting assistance and technical support for the SYNC, MyFord, and MyFord Touch platforms. I hope you'll understand if I'm limited in the amount of answers I am able to provide for your great questions. These limitations exist less for political reasons and more so in that I am not the type to provide information that I do not have any official resources to back up. I cannot speculate on matters involving pricing, product design, or product development. With that said, here are my acknowledgements:

1. Just like in making a movie, a lot of great scenes end up on the cutting room floor. I imagine that overall stability ranked pretty high on the design objectives for MFT. I don't have any timelines on if this feature might return, but I can say that our development team is very receptive to customer feedback (more on that later).
  2. It is difficult to answer this one without making any presumptions on engineering's design intent. I can't really speculate.
  3. I'm not sure what you mean by "all other changes." Do you mean changes to the software or changes to the active route?
  4. I can only provide personal commentary on this one. It just makes sense that a navigation-equipped vehicle should be able to access the address info of your contacts if it's receiving the information in the first place. I imagine this would be a simple integration, but I'm also saying that out of ignorance as I'm not a programmer. Again, I cannot speculate as to the design intent behind the system's current functioning.
  5. Systems that are built upon systems can be frustrating when there appears to be a lack in performance consistency - this I completely understand. I wish I could provide further context, but to be frank I personally don't have much anecdotal experience on this concern. I've been able to troubleshoot most issues I've handled relating to the Send-to-SYNC feature - which typically involved hiccups with the customer's computer/browser. This isn't to pass the buck, as no system is perfect, but I can only provide commentary based on personal experience.
  6. I can identify the main differences between the Ford and Lincoln SYNC Services packages: the $199 Lincoln subscription includes unlimited Operator Assist sessions, while additional OA sessions with a Ford SYNC Services subscription must be purchased. The pricing reflects this difference in value. SYNC Services was tailored and built to integrate directly through the SYNC platform, allowing for live turn-by-turn directions to be transmitted to and interpreted by SYNC. There are a variety of apps and other free services that offer similar functionality - of which customers are certainly welcome to use - but it is the integration with SYNC and convenient access that drivers are willing to pay for. Again, this is only my commentary based on the opinions of previous owners that I've worked with personally.

There's a website where customers such as yourself are welcome to submit your ideas and product suggestions. You can voice your opinion and gain traction from the Ford social community here: http://social.ford.c...s/technologies/ The posts with the highest popularity are the most likely to be considered, but either way it's a fun process and interesting to see what customers come up with. You might like it. :)

Antonio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users