Exterior chrome door handles

Hola,

Here are the part numbers for the MKX's exterior chrome door handles, which will also fit the Edge.

8A8Z-7422404-AA (handle, 4 required)

8A8Z-74218B08-AA (solid bezel, 3 required)

8A8Z-74218A14-AA (bezel with key hole, driver side, 1 required)

Now you don't need to buy the cheap ebay stick-on handle covers.

Edited by jpark

• 3 weeks later...

I have pricing on everything except the driver-side bezel (the smaller part with the keyhole). I'll list them when I get all of the prices (which will probably be after I order them). I was also going to order a "Limited" emblem for mine, and the total was around $150 for all of those parts, for now.

Nice Edge! Too bad this site doesn't have the user base of E-C!

Ken at Titus-Will just gave me the pricing for the one bezel, so here are his prices:

8A8Z-74218A14-AA (chrome bezel with key hole, 11.86 each, 1 needed)

8A8Z-74218B08-AA (chrome bezel without key hole, 7.93 each, 3 needed)

8A8Z-7422404-AA (chrome door handle, 27.18 each, 4 needed)

144.37 plus shipping.

Ken at Titus-Will just gave me the pricing for the one bezel, so here are his prices:

8A8Z-74218A14-AA (chrome bezel with key hole, 11.86 each, 1 needed)

8A8Z-74218B08-AA (chrome bezel without key hole, 7.93 each, 3 needed)

8A8Z-7422404-AA (chrome door handle, 27.18 each, 4 needed)

144.37 plus shipping.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Any idea on how difficult the door handles are to install?

Also, do we have to go into the dealership directly to order these, or can we simply get them online. Thanks!

Edited by Acupuncture

Here's a diagram. This is even easier than I thought, since you don't need to remove the door panels.

edgedoorhandle.jpg

1) Remove the plastic plug (4) inside the side of the door.

2) Loosen the Torx-head screw (3).

3) Carefully pull the bezel (1) away from the door.

4) Carefully angle the handle (2) away from the door, then slide the front of the handle out of the slot.

To install, just reverse the procedure.

I got those prices from Titus-Will Ford Parts. There are several other places to order Ford parts as well, such as Direct Parts Connection and World Parts Express. But Titus-Will has its own parts link to newer part numbers, though, and Ken is just about the most informed Ford parts guy around.

• Like 1

Here's a diagram. This is even easier than I thought, since you don't need to remove the door panels.

edgedoorhandle.jpg

4) Carefully angle the handle (2) away from the door, then slide the front of the handle out of the slot.

I got those prices from Titus-Will Ford Parts. There are several other places to order Ford parts as well, such as Direct Parts Connection and World Parts Express. But Titus-Will has its own parts link to newer part numbers, though, and Ken is just about the most informed Ford parts guy around.

Thanks for all your help. One quick question, the "8A8Z-74218A14-AA (chrome bezel with key hole, 11.86 each, 1 needed)" keeps giving me a not found error on the titus website. Is the skew number perhaps incorrect? Thanks!

Nope, the part number is correct. Ken told me that it hasn't been updated on the site's database yet. Their February database update will include it.

You can call them (I know, last-century-technology), and ask for Ken in parts. He can add it to your order.

I'll take pictures of my install when I find the time (and warm enough weather) to do it.

Nope, the part number is correct. Ken told me that it hasn't been updated on the site's database yet. Their February database update will include it.

You can call them (I know, last-century-technology), and ask for Ken in parts. He can add it to your order.

I'll take pictures of my install when I find the time (and warm enough weather) to do it.

Ok great, thanks JP. :shades:

Hey JP, do you have the phone number for titus? When I go to the contact page, I get a generic Email page that asks me for my VIN. I'd rather speak to someone directly. Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Just saw these now at the brighttrim.com website.

The complete 4 door handle set in chrome is only $109.

FORDEDGEDOORHANDLECOVERS.jpg

I've seen some other chrome accessories for your Edge there too, like this Rear Door Upper Trim in chrome for $129. And check out the License Plate housing... it's got a trim too for $99:

FORDEDGEUPPERHATCHTRIM.jpg

Or the rear door lower trim for $79:

FORDEDGELOWERHATCHTRIM.jpg

There is also a 8 piece Window Sill Trim for $199:

FORDEDGEwindowsill8pc.jpg

They also have the chrome mirror covers, but much more expensive than what you can get at the Lincoln Dealer.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I wanted to view the handle install diagram that was attached to this post and it has expired. Anyone got a copy of it they can repost? I see the description but I work better with pictures so would like to see that.... Thanks

edgedoorhandle.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just put chrome door handles on my Edge as well last week :)

I bought all 4 door handles for only about 80 bucks including shipping!

They're from Ford and the real-deal, not stick-on. I found them from another thread here that suggested using ford-parts-direct.com which was way cheaper than the dealer wanted.

The install was easy, though admittedly my dad did do it. He was worried about dropping the screws inside the door panel but you don't actually have to unscrew them all the way. You just loosen it up enough to get the stock handles off and switch them. It took less than 10 min to do all 4 (instructions comes with them but he didn't bother reading them of course)

Here's an after pic if anyone's interested:

34np7bl.jpg

Chloe13,

Could you link to the actual handles you got. Following the website you provided I found covers but not the whole handle replacement. I found handles from another site mentioned elsewhere but the price was not $80 shipped (more like $130).

Thanks

I just put chrome door handles on my Edge as well last week :)

I bought all 4 door handles for only about 80 bucks including shipping!

They're from Ford and the real-deal, not stick-on. I found them from another thread here that suggested using ford-parts-direct.com which was way cheaper than the dealer wanted.

The install was easy, though admittedly my dad did do it. He was worried about dropping the screws inside the door panel but you don't actually have to unscrew them all the way. You just loosen it up enough to get the stock handles off and switch them. It took less than 10 min to do all 4 (instructions comes with them but he didn't bother reading them of course)

Here's an after pic if anyone's interested:

34np7bl.jpg

I like the chrome and those handles look nice. I don't like the "murdered" look or whatever its called (all black) so as you say "different strokes"....

hmmm, im trying to get rid of all teh chrome except the wheels and others want to add it?

Different strokes I guess. I wish the window trim was easy to swap.

I like the chrome and those handles look nice. I don't like the "murdered" look or whatever its called (all black) so as you say "different strokes"....

Yeah, my car is gray so it wouldnt be "murdered".

I just think the extra chrome pieces cheapen the look of the car. The black accents are a subtle compliments to the car whiile the chrome with shouts "hey look at me!".

I prefer to keep it simple.

Edited by MOFSTEEL