Fixed a few little things and one not so little thing.

jpeckinp

Let the dealer have the Edge while on vacation last week and left them a nice laundry list of things to look at.

1. Tranny seems to search for gear. Fixed- a valve was sticky in the valve body sometimes it would not shift out of 3rd. Shifts fine now.

2. Chrome on wheels- Fixed- 4 new wheels.

3. Backup sensor error- Fixed- pinched wire in the bumper.

4. Seat memory- Was intermittent not sure if it's fixed or not but it seems to be working fine at this moment.

5. Sync to 2.0- Sent my first health report yesterday ironically everything is fine.

6. Oil change- done

The oil and upgrade cost me $130 I use full synth oil and the charge for the upgrade was $59.95.

I got the 2.0 upgrade free :)

IIRC there is a recent Ford tech who posted here that if you are paying for that, you got ripped since they are giving it away and Ford is picking up the bill for peoples upgrades. :(

They wanted to charge $160 for the upgrade at first. I told the guy that it was being done for free or $50 at other dealerships. He called me back the next day and said they would do it for $69 I gave him the OK since I didn't need the hassle of trying to find the time to get it done. When I go the bill it was only $59.95.

The dealership has got to love you if you paid almost $70 for an oil change. If you have a Ford maintenance plan and want full synthetic, I believe the upcharge is $29. :shades:

The oil change was $60+tax. Around here tax is :censored: 10.25%

And how much does this Ford maintenance plan cost? I have never had an oil change done at the dealer before. This was strictly done for convenience since I was on vacation and it is hard to find time to get stuff like this done, I normally have to do it on a weekend if I can find the time and good enough weather. A normal change if I do it myself cost me about $50. Case 5/20 Mobil 1 is $37 and M1 filter is $10.

The oil change was $60+tax. Around here tax is :censored: 10.25%

And how much does this Ford maintenance plan cost? I have never had an oil change done at the dealer before. This was strictly done for convenience since I was on vacation and it is hard to find time to get stuff like this done, I normally have to do it on a weekend if I can find the time and good enough weather. A normal change if I do it myself cost me about $50. Case 5/20 Mobil 1 is $37 and M1 filter is $10.

To me its worth the extra 14-15.00 to have the oil change done. I think 60 was a fair price if they were giving you the 5/20 Mobil 1

Ford dealers use Motorcraft, 5w20 or 0w20, that IIRC is done by Valvoline now, no Mobil-1 on dealers...They charge around $59.99 for full synthetic usually around here as well, my upgrade to Sync 2.0 was free as well (well actually I have to travel twice there but got it in 30 minutes second time, but anyway I need to go to get the seat belt extenders, that were also free, so not biggie)

• 4 weeks later...

Update time.

Well last night the problem really showed its ugly head and tripped the engine light so I was hoping it had a code. Take it in today no code and they can't reproduce, so I go over and tell the tech lets go I can reproduce it 100% of the time. Go on the drive first few attempts nothing then he asks me to try something and when I did it it showed up.

Looks like the problem is an engine miss and hopefully it's just a coil pack going bad and a quick fix. Should know more later today or tomorrow. If I get a chance I will update with new info tonight or tomorrow morning if not I'll let you all know early next week when I get home.

• 1 month later...