Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust

My wife and I were lucky enough to be chosen by Gibson exhaust to get a cat back system done on our SEL plus last month. We had to leave it with them for 3 days and the work came out Awesome!!! it has got to be coming to their online catalog soon. It sounds similar to the 350Z but a tad louder. Not sure what it did to performance as they didn't have a chance to dyno it it feels more peppy. Hopefully we can get a cold air intake for it to help it out even more!!!

*** My wife can actually care less that I am doing stuff to HER car but its still cool!***

My wife and I were lucky enough to be chosen by Gibson exhaust to get a cat back system done on our SEL plus last month. We had to leave it with them for 3 days and the work came out Awesome!!! it has got to be coming to their online catalog soon. It sounds similar to the 350Z but a tad louder. Not sure what it did to performance as they didn't have a chance to dyno it it feels more peppy. Hopefully we can get a cold air intake for it to help it out even more!!!

*** My wife can actually care less that I am doing stuff to HER car but its still cool!***

That must sound great. I love the sound of the 350z's....Does it look like it will be hard to install? How did you work out being the prototype Edge? Sounds like a great deal.

That must sound great. I love the sound of the 350z's....Does it look like it will be hard to install? How did you work out being the prototype Edge? Sounds like a great deal.

It seems like it would be simple. There are actually 2 mufflers. 1 up front that is one pipe in and one pipe out. the second is at the rear and is one pipe in and splits to the tips. They did us up with the intercooler tips too.

I checked Gibsons website for anything they had and saw that if they didn't make it, you could sign up to get them to maybe us your vehicle. We are fairly close to Gibson and just had to rent a car for a few days. They installed it and welded it in. The kit will be bolt on.

I am sure the exhaust probably gives you 6-15 hp....magnaflow has an exhaust in the works now for the edge also. And yeah...most women could care less about the mods that us men do.....but thats why they are women. More horsepower, more money, more women......oh and more beer. oh yeah......

I envy you so much its kinda gross. GRRR!!!! I want one! Any tips on how I can get them to hook me up? How much was it btw? I love the 350z sound!

Hey did the Gibson people say about how much this system was going to cost? I just can't wait...

I am guessing in the $500 range. I am not sure though. The one they did for us was aluminzied not stainless. I don't think it reall matters much in L.A. as corrosion is not much of a problem on vehicles. I called the guy in the R&D dept there to ask when they would have info on it. No return call though. Gibsons # is (951) 372-1221. Call them and ask. It can't hurt. I wish I could figure out how to record the sound and put it on the computer. I can put on some pics though.

If you save your stock exhaust, you can always put it back on. Atleast maybe sell the aftermarket kit used. The stock kit shold come off with just 1 cut up front.

I thought this was going to be a bolt on system? Wow....Cutting on a leased Edge :banghead: . I don't know about that one.

I'll just have to see.

I hope it fits the 2008 Edge. We will be ordering our 2008 Edge ASAP. I can't wait.....!

You just need 1 cut up front. The rest of it just clamps in. The stock exhaustt can be put back with a clamp. or have an exhuast shop weld it. It is actually pretty easy on this vehicle.

Awesome, that sounds easy. I'm going to do it when I get my 2008 Edge.

Do you have any sound clips to up load???? Also, is it still quiet on the inside of the car, or can you hear the exhuast sound a lot?

You guys are so lucky to be the test bed for that system.

Enjoy..... :rockon:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
It is not on Gibson's site. Any news about where to get this?

www.car-stuff.com

i ordered mine from them and they had it here in 4 days...

however....the gibson exhaust is not a simple bolt on for the AWD one of the pipes hits the rear sway bar and needs to be cut back to fit also making it nearly impossible to get one of the hangers fastened..the reason for this is because the kit is made for FWD and AWD so it has to be played with and the configuration has to be re-arranged....unless you have a lift....good luck not going crazy.......other than that it sounds completely different than any of the 1000000 other edges i see and if you want to compare it to anything....sounds like a mix between an infiniti FX 35 and and aftermarket exhaust on a german car....not too loud but very noticable...my buddy has a worked VW R32 and said it sounds just like his car on open throttle.....i also have a weapon R intake in the engine bay to add to the sound effect.....

anyone that purchases this exhaust and has any questions for me feel free to send them.

ENJOY will have pics up soon!!!

Carbonedge07. I am glad to hear that you like the way yours sounds. I have told a bunch of people how good it sounded and to hear someone agree is nice. We have had ours on for about 11 months now and have had no problems. I think it has gotten just a bit louder though.. If I could just talk the wife into getting the programmer..........

www.car-stuff.com

i ordered mine from them and they had it here in 4 days...

however....the gibson exhaust is not a simple bolt on for the AWD one of the pipes hits the rear sway bar and needs to be cut back to fit also making it nearly impossible to get one of the hangers fastened..the reason for this is because the kit is made for FWD and AWD so it has to be played with and the configuration has to be re-arranged....unless you have a lift....good luck not going crazy.......other than that it sounds completely different than any of the 1000000 other edges i see and if you want to compare it to anything....sounds like a mix between an infiniti FX 35 and and aftermarket exhaust on a german car....not too loud but very noticable...my buddy has a worked VW R32 and said it sounds just like his car on open throttle.....i also have a weapon R intake in the engine bay to add to the sound effect.....

anyone that purchases this exhaust and has any questions for me feel free to send them.

ENJOY will have pics up soon!!!

I see only a listing for 2007 at this time (G27619630) but no 2008. I suspect that will change at some point.

Any real world notice of HP changes right off the bat?

Were you able to keep and use your tips?

Listen to the stock FX 35 sound clip on this website does yours sound like that?

I see only a listing for 2007 at this time (G27619630) but no 2008. I suspect that will change at some point.

Any real world notice of HP changes right off the bat?

Were you able to keep and use your tips?

Listen to the stock FX 35 sound clip on this website does yours sound like that?

Not as loud as the FX 35, but kind of the same tone. (If that makes any sense) Probably between that FX 35 and a stock 350Z. Plus the Edge's throttle response isn't nearly as crisp as the FX's. When Gibson used ours for mocking it up, they said their dyno guy was out for a few days so they didn't bother to test it. It had to have made an increase in power however now it sounds better when you really lean on the throttle so there goes any MPG increase one may expect. It definitely "Sounds" faster for whatever that is worth.

I think that I once posted sound clips somewhere on here before. Or a link to them.......

It seems like it would be simple. There are actually 2 mufflers. 1 up front that is one pipe in and one pipe out. the second is at the rear and is one pipe in and splits to the tips. They did us up with the intercooler tips too.

I checked Gibsons website for anything they had and saw that if they didn't make it, you could sign up to get them to maybe us your vehicle. We are fairly close to Gibson and just had to rent a car for a few days. They installed it and welded it in. The kit will be bolt on.

the other muffler was the resonator at the front?