Painting Black Plastic Bumpers

JpEggEdge

Hey Guys,

I have been contemplating painting the Black Plastic Bumpers along the bottom of my 2008 Ford Edge Limited to the same color as the Edge itself (Polar White)

Does anybody know what kind of plastic the Black bottom Bumpers are?

If anyone has ever done this before, what kind of paint did you use and were you able to get it easily matched up?

How did the bumpers look after a while (after a long hard winter or baking in the sun) ? I don't want to get them painted and then it start to look like crap or warp after a year or so?

If you have done this before, please share pictures if you don't mind!

Any help would be appreciated! I have seen this on other Edge's before and thought it looked nice, I want to do my research before committing to anything though!

Thanks!!

here's the link to the post I put up.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6680-2011-sellmtd-painted-frontback-lipsside-rocker-panels/

Mine's White Platinum Tri-Coat.

They're basic plastic, nothing special. For a quality job, they need to be removed, cleaned, plastic prepped, primed, painted and cleared. At a regular production facility, expect it to be close to $2k.

I've had mine done for over a year now, and haven't had so much as a pit (albeit due to the chrome backing, I have a few small rock chips to the grille pieces)

I've painted 3 Edges in total like this. Haven't had any issues.

• 1 month later...