DSC_5993.jpg

A view from the hotel:

DSC_6112.jpg

We saw a few little boats:

DSC_6029.jpg

DSC_6010.jpg

DSC_5988.jpg

DSC_6014.jpg

We went on a "ghost tour." I don't buy all that ghost crap, but I love the history.

Here is the cemetery we went to. It's allegedly all kinds of haunted.

DSC_5915.jpg

DSC_5916.jpg

This is the moon that night:

DSC_5895.jpg

This tree is over 300 years old. Hundreds of soldiers were hanged from it:

DSC_5934.jpg

My favorite house in Savannah:

DSC_5955.jpg

And finally, the lighting was funky on the ghost tour night, so here's the Edge:

DSC_5977.jpg

DSC_5975.jpg

So here are some pics from Savannah:

Sounds like you had a great trip...my wife flew down their last year just for the ghost tours. You have some nice pictures there. Night shots are rather difficult to take without a tripod, as the flash won't let much of your subject show and extending your exposure (as you should) will just blur the shot. With what you have in the cemetery, it looks like it just needs a little white balance from the type of lighting. I hope you don't mind, but I just took a few minutes to try and regain some of the color from your photos. (If there's an issue with what I did, I'll take the pictures down)

DSC_5915.jpg

DSC_5916.jpg

Probably need to tone down the detail and soften up the picture some...but I like the subject matter :)

Needless, did you hit any good restaurants? Paula Deen's was a bit difficult to get into without a reservation...

Edited by ShopVac

Okay, yeah, it's hard to get good night shots sometimes. Those were taken handheld. I had an SB-900 on the camera, but I liked how they looked with no flash. In that shot of the tree, the only lighting is from my flash. Not much I could do there. Now that I look, that's the only shot I posted in which I even used a flash.

I didn't have a huge desire to go to Paula Deen's. I was more about seafood. Tubby's on River St. was amazing.

I have enjoyed that Hyatt often for 2 day getaways. The place is 2 hours from me but next time try the Bohemian Hotel next door.. WOW! The photos are great.. Get with me if you would like to add the daytime running lights..

Inside the hotel:

DSC_5991.jpg

DSC_5993.jpg

A view from the hotel:

DSC_6112.jpg

We saw a few little boats:

DSC_6029.jpg

DSC_6010.jpg

DSC_5988.jpg

DSC_6014.jpg

We went on a "ghost tour." I don't buy all that ghost crap, but I love the history.

Here is the cemetery we went to. It's allegedly all kinds of haunted.

DSC_5915.jpg

DSC_5916.jpg

This is the moon that night:

DSC_5895.jpg

This tree is over 300 years old. Hundreds of soldiers were hanged from it:

DSC_5934.jpg

My favorite house in Savannah:

DSC_5955.jpg

And finally, the lighting was funky on the ghost tour night, so here's the Edge:

DSC_5977.jpg

DSC_5975.jpg

I have enjoyed that Hyatt often for 2 day getaways. The place is 2 hours from me but next time try the Bohemian Hotel next door.. WOW! The photos are great.. Get with me if you would like to add the daytime running lights..

2 hours? Where are you?

The Bohemian was stupid expensive for that weekend. It was my first choice.

Daytime running lights? *scratches head*

We've been there a few times; even have a picture of what looks like the same 'little boat'... I got a nice B&W shot of the fountain at Forsyth Park, but I'm sure most who visit do.

My wife used to live on one of the 'islands' as you head toward Tybee; her elementary school in Savannah looks like a small prison now.

Pearl's Saltwater Grille is a good place to eat. It's off La Roche Ave; feels like you're in the middle of no where on the marsh. Used to be called Pearl's Elegant Pelican many years ago.

It's always fun to visit Savannah. The last time I went was for a conference in that very hotel you stayed in and I was by myself. The Edge got me from the Double Tree parking garage on Bay St to my (then) driveway in Woodstock in 3 hours and 40 minutes; plus I stopped at the BK drive thru in Metter to grab breakfast...