Edge grille inserts

So just took delivery of a new 2012 Edge SEL in dark blue pearl for the wife last night. She has been hounding me about replacing the chrome grille with a black one. I have found two ways to do this. Either I buy the replacement parts from the repair catalog or buy the "insert" set from one of the accessories distributors. What is the difference between the inserts and the actual replacement parts? I found insert sets for just over $100 shipped and the three new grille pieces are just over $200 shipped. This is a lease so painting what is there is not an option. Thanks for the advice.

I think it's a valid concern to have, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Also, if the lease is through Ford, you can just turn it in how it is. As long as it still looks good, they usually won't care.

Also, I've leased a couple of cars in my past, and what I usually do is just sell them outright before the lease is up. I can usually sell them for more than the lease payoff, and Ford would rather have money than a used car, anyway.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/9321-new-grill-and-license-plate-bracket/

If I had a lease, buy what I did, throw it on for 3 years, keep the crome pieces in a box and reinstall them when you're trading it back in. You will find a buyer on here quickly for a used grill. It should only take you 1 hour, on and off. Good luck on your decision.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/9321-new-grill-and-license-plate-bracket/

If I had a lease, buy what I did, throw it on for 3 years, keep the crome pieces in a box and reinstall them when you're trading it back in. You will find a buyer on here quickly for a used grill. It should only take you 1 hour, on and off. Good luck on your decision.

Thanks for the reply, I saw your post, but wasn't completely sure which part you ordered. I think I figured it all out and will be getting part number BT4Z-8200-AA which is the insert kit and I think the same one you ordered. Hopefully it is the correct part. Found it for $96 plus $10 for shipping. Thanks for the help.