1st Service (10.000 miles)

EdgeGermany

Hello,

I would like to share my experiences of the 1st service with the community. Specially for the guys in Germany it could be interesting. I selected a small independent repair shop which already did the rust-proofing on my 2011 Ford Edge Sport. They did all recommended checks:

Replace cabin air filter, if equipped

Perform multi-point inspection

Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints

Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system

Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields

Inspect cooling system and hoses

Inspect cabin air filter, if equipped

Change engine oil and replace oil filter when indicated on vehicle message center or every 12 months, whichever occurs first

Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise

They changed (I bought the parts in the US):

oil

oil filter

engine air filter

Costs:

oil 57 EUR (75 USD)

oil filter 3.8 EUR (5 USD)

engine air filter 10 EUR (13 USD)

service 100 EUR (130USD)

Total: 171 EUR (224USD)

That's a good price compared to a European car and recommend services. I love my Edge more and more, although the gas price in Germany is real nasty. Currently we pay approx. 1.65 EUR per liter (8.18USD per gallon). That means we paid approx. 2400 EUR (3150 USD) for the last 8.000 miles. Sounds much at the first look, but is ok if you drive the Edge. :-)

Best regards

Rene

Edited by EdgeGermany

You think you have it bad in Germany, up here in Finland the gas price is now 1.74 € per litreviolin.gif

I have improved the situation a little by installing the premium fuel program from a Hypertech Max Energy programmer I purchased. As you know, the Edge is calibrated to run on regular 87 AKE (US standard) which would be similar to 91 Ron (EURO std) if you could get it. Here in Europe, the standard fuel is 95 Ron which is similar to 92 AKE in the US but running the 95 Ron here in Europe gives no benefit. When I installed the calibration file, my consumption improved about 2 l/100, I also changed the speed limiter, although not much chance to try it up here camera.gif but nice to know that I will not be held back, if I ever try.shift.gif

Sadly, I don't think they are ready with the 3.7L calibration but you can ask.

• 1 month later...

So, my Edge is in the shop now for its frist service at Ford. Its going to cost me 190 euro. I really wish these services were free or had a system more like VW. I think they are doing all services for the first 3 years for free. Sounds like a good deal. Now, would I trade my Edge for a V-Dub? HELL NO.

• 2 months later...