2012 sport 3.7 on sct custom tune mpt

KillaËdge

ok guys so i bought a sct from mpt.com and had three custom tunes emailed to me. last night i tried out the performance tune and felt a big difrence in power and low end torq. but it was shifting way to hard and wasent letting it shift wot so i took off tune and went back to stock now waitng on another tune with a smoother shift and i will upload vid to let yall knw how it went wish me luck.

oh and remember this is on a 2012 sport 3.7 awd as some say its never been done correctly well im trying to achieve this goal for it to work good

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport with 3.7 push button start and SCT tune. Like KillaËdge my tune shifted harsh. I emailed SCT and they sent me an updated tune. The updated tune did shift better. I've been running with this tune for 2 months. It's not perfect but definitely better than stock. It still jerks during shifting but only when I'm going full throttle. My everyday driving is much improved.

• Like 1

maf calibration is done in the tune itself. the maf works on voltage, the ecu is programmed to see a certain amount of air for a certain what ever voltage is being read at that current time. this calibration can change if the diameter of the maf housing is not exactly the same as stock as well as some other factors.

a good way to see if your maf is properly calibrated is to look at your fuel trims, you need some kind of diagnostic monitor to see these.

can someone please give me the proper instructions for loading a custom tune onto the 3.7l sport with the push button start? Everything I have tried so far has ended up requiring a recovery file sent back my way from SCT because loading the tune causes the engine to barely run if at all. Then I cant even do a return to stock load from the SCCT device. Does loading the tune require one to hold the start button down the whole time it is loading?

Any help would be mas appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I just plug it in select custom tune and install. After a few minutes it tells me to turn ignition on so I push the start button twice to get to auxillary mode (engine is off). After about 15 minutes the process is finished and it tells me to turn off the car. The only thing i can think of is make sure your firmware on the device is up to date. Mine has had 3 updates in the 3 months i've had it. Also my tuner is a SCT-SF3-3015.