Remote start on lock doors

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2008 Edge Limited. I love it but today when I locked the doors with the key fob (2x lock button), and what happened is that the engine started... I didn't know I had a remote start on the car. I guess it should have a separate button on the key fob? And I guess it should not start the vehicle when locking it? If I indeed have the remote start function how do I operate it?

Thanks for help!

• Like 1

try pressing lock twice

He already did - that's the problem.

when I locked the doors with the key fob (2x lock button), and what happened is that the engine started..

You need to find out if it's a Ford system or non-Ford aftermarket system. Not sure how to tell the difference if it's not obvious. Did you check the glove box for a user's guide?

try pressing lock twice, or try pressing lock, unlock, lock

For the remote start? So the regular key fob without the remote start button could be programmed to operate the RS?

@akirby:

Yeah, nothing on the user's guide. I have no idea if it's an OEM or not but it seems to have one...which is nice, just need to learn how to use it.

Thaks guys

For the remote start? So the regular key fob without the remote start button could be programmed to operate the RS?

@akirby:

Yeah, nothing on the user's guide. I have no idea if it's an OEM or not but it seems to have one...which is nice, just need to learn how to use it.

Thaks guys

I got it to start remotely again by just randomly pushing the lock and unlock button... I didn't figure out the combination yet but...I have a remote start :)

• 3 months later...

I recently purchased an 08 Edge with a similar feature. From what I understand, it's an aftermarket remote start system that utilizes the Ford keyfob. If you press unlock or lock three times, it will start the vehicle via remote start. Likewise action will deactivate the car, or by pressing the brake pedal.

I have an instruction manual for the remote start system, but no other key fobs other than factory ones.