need help deciding what to do with wheels!! photoshop please!

daviszx3

here is a pic of a edge i found exactly like mine..well im not completly satisfied with the wheels and thought about maybe painting them either a black or charcoal...i was hoping maybe someone could photoshop this for me...im also gonna be getting the black plastic at the bottom painted to match the vehicle and gonna have the grill done like the sport model thanks for any help

post-21908-0-07409600-1335231484_thumb.jpg

There was somebody else on this forum who painted the black trim at the bottom of his vehicle and I am pretty sure he had priced it out for others and stated that because of the plastic material that It was a long process in getting them prepped for painting and because of that it was cost a normal person upwards of 2,000 dollars at a reputable body shop. I find that crazy so painting them is not a necessity but then again, my edge is a dark charcoal color so they somewhat blend in. As for the rims, if I was going to paint them, I would use plasti dip and if I didn't like it then i would peel it off and start over with some different angles or ideas. Just my opinion, I am not a fan of stock rims, even the sport 22's so I would never paint them, I would just buy something new that is unique. As for the grill, a lot of members have plasti dip sprayed that as well and it has come out looking really nice. At 8$ a can, you can't beat the price. If it doesn't work, just peel it off like a bandaid and start over.

P.S.-- You'd be better off looking into the 3d Carbon Body kit that is roughly 800$ primed and that would probably cost you a lot less to have painted since its already primed and ready to go. Plus it looks better. Only thing.. I don't know if they offer it for the 2011 and up models yet.

yea i will probably leave them alone

Also, check the classifieds on this FORUM.. The members on here that are on daily and weekly are usually selling something after they did an upgrade. You can normally pick up some RIMS of all sizes whether it be stock 17-22 or aftermarket 18-22's.. You can find TONS of other stuff as well.. Check it out, may be beneficial to you! Good luck to you and modding out your new Edge.

Check of my pics of my car, it was the same as yours but I replaced the rims with black ones with a shiny lip. I felt it matched well with the handles and the other parts of the car with chrome on them. I didn't choose to paint the bottom plastic part white just because it was a hassle and I kinda like how it matches the black part on the side mirrors and the grill. I like the whole black/white scheme and it makes it unique :)

Good luck!