Occasional transmission slipping upon starting after stop.

dudley

I am both relieved and ticked that when I check on this forum, I read about the same issues my car now has. I have just had my 2011 Sport in for avSync update and door latch fix. Right after this servicing, I experienced my first "clunk" of the transmission driving at about 20mph. I'm ticked I now have to take the car back to get it looked at. It's a relief I bought the extended warranty, but I'm not happy I purchased this $50,000 car causing so many common problems and very little ownership on Ford's part to acknowledge these problems.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2012 edge with 7600 miles. It is a salvage titled vehicle and as such has no warranty. I am having the slam into gear issue from a standing start and tranny making a growling noise when standing in gear with foot on brake. I am guessing it will need an entire tranny rebuild so i'm contemplating getting a used tranny or buying/having this one rebuilt.

Has anyone gone this route? And if so what was your labor cost for the install and or rebuild? Indepenent shop as opposed to dealer repair?

I have a quote of a rebuilt unit delivered to my house for 2200 and low mile used is about 1,000 on ebay.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Philip