2011 Sport Model

Edge AB

I have a (purchased new) 2011 Ford Edge AWD sport. I've owned it about 8-9 months now, I have a bout 15K on the vehicle (mostly highway kilometers), and I really llike the vehicle, but there are some irritating things about the Edge. Are these common problems? I will speak with dealer about these, but does anyone have insight into causes of the problems?

1. In dash navigation system is just plain terrible - old maps, poor voice recognition, non-responsive system, freezes often.

2. Sun roof - struggles to close at times as if under-powered / not receiving adequate power.

3. Whining/roaring when accelerating.

Any insight could be helpful.

Hey Edge AB, welcome to the forums. I also have had my Edge (Limited) for 9 months now, but I haven't had the same problems you are having with your MFT. Have you applied the latest performance patch?

I don't have the a Sport, so I can't comment on the whining/roaring. Nor do I have a sunroof, but I'm sure someone here has an answer for you (or at least a push in the right direction).