Droid Razer 4G Phone..Texting?

Today we got a pair of new Verizon Droid Razer 4G phones. Tried to send a text to the car and...NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. I cannot believe that these phones are incapable of receiving a text in my 2011 Edge. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on? Either on the phone or on the SYNC system? According to Verizon these are the latest "hot-rod phones" and certainly will work on the text function of the car. Any help out there???

Thanks in advance...stymed here. :confused:

2008Bullitt- I have had the car into Ford today and they can't get the phone to work either. They think it's a Verizon issue and now I'm between Ford vs Verizon. As you can guess Verizon is NO HELP either as their staff knows absolutely ZERO.

Since your Mororola Razer can you tell me what cellular carrier you are using? e still have not gotten the new 4G service here in Central Oregon, do you have access to 4G service? Thanks.....

Just returned from the dealer. FoMoCo says the phone, a Verizon Motorola Droid Razr model XT912 with firmware level (6.11.748), is listed as SYNC compatible and Text messaging is listed as a supported feature. (my phone has a higher number Firmware edition..I think?)

The Dealer SYNCED my phone to other known vehicles that have text capibility and still only could send a text from the car but could not receive a text to the car. The test text's only go to the phone but not though SYNC and not available as text-to-speech. Now Ford is saying it must be a setting in the phone...ANY HELP OUT THERE? I have Verizons tech service number and will call them and ask for Tier 2 assistance. This thing has got to work...doesn't it? :banghead:

Anyone have better luck with their phones and SYNC and incoming text's? If so is it the same phone and which cellular carrier are you using?

Thanks in advance.

In an answer to whiteedge, I have VZ as my carrier. 3g or 4g has no effect on getting text messages. I just got 2 yesterday while driving and the upper left (phone) spot showed an icon of an envelope with the number 2 next to it. I had not seen that before. Let me add that I'm on v2.11 and have no desire to do the latest upgrade. When the messages came in I hit the phone icon, then messages, then read message, no problems. There is also a "download messages" button on that screen. I haven't tried voice commands to read the messages but will next time. I have read on here about people unable to receive texts after upgrading to v.3.0. I did not have to change any options on the phone or car for it to work. Good luck...and forget about calling VZ, they are not the ones to deal with this. It is NOT your carriers fault.

Try tweaking your BT settings on your phone. You need to make sure a function called MAP is enabled. Also try removing your phone and then readding it to the sync system. Android is a little weird in how it handles MAP, not all phones support it right out of the box. I actually installed a modified version of Andriod called Cyanogenmod on my phone and it enabled the MAP features. In fact any of you guys who have Android phones and want to enable the text feature see if Cyanogenmod supports your phone.

I just got a Iphone 4S, and all is working fine, Verizon is my carrier. I didn't know that I had received a text, but got in my MKX, and as soon as I started it up, the text notification came through. Phone before this was a LG450 ( I think) and that also worked fine.