Oh no, it's another Dash kit thread!

Dang it, Dang it, Dang it.

It was a dark and rainy night, I was driving my White MKX with a BLACK interior. :car:

Below is an '08 interior picture vs. an '07.

post-1037-1188328646_thumb.jpg vs. post-1037-1188328740_thumb.jpg

Herein lies my dilemma. I love love love wood. One of the selling points to me of the Lincoln was the use of wood. One of it's major faults, again to me, is the cheap painted satin look of the plastic. You can never have too much wood, I'm sure everyone can agree on that.

As you'll notice in the above picture to the right, the maple works well with the satin. But picture that same dash in a black interior, with dark wood used ON it.

like this:post-1037-1188350027_thumb.jpg

An email back to me from B & I Trim stated this:

http://www.bitrim.com/wd806a.htm

I have listed the below options for your review and approval.

MKX

No.

WD806A-CF CARBON FIBER

WD806A-DNVM OEM dark (Navigator 07-UP)

WD806A-NT Light OEM MATCH (Navigator 07)

Do you see where a problem lies with an '07 MKX? IF you use the Dark wood applique you will have the satin buttons showing, or a two-tone finish. BUT if you get this dash in an '08 MKX, and then applied the applique, it's like it was straight from the factory that way. NO clashing. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Sigh :lastyear:, I need mo money, I can see myself, replacing the '07 grill and control buttons on that dash with both from an '08 now. The grill being this '07 one vs. the '08:

post-1037-1188330021_thumb.jpg vs. post-1037-1188330055_thumb.jpg

The '08 grill is blackened out except for the chrome bars.

And heck since everyone wants to add new wheels to their edge, I personally wood love to have those '08 wheels on my '07 MKX also.

I guess I will be waiting til next spring, before I find out what it would cost to change out those buttons to an '08 style on the dash, then purchase the dash kit. For those getting an '08, you have much much better options now to chose from, you lucky lucky people's.

One last request, has ANYONE added any dash kit to your CUV and can you upload pic's for all to see? :camera:

Edited by 07 MKX

Dang it, Dang it, Dang it.

It was a dark and rainy night, I was driving my White MKX with a BLACK interior. :car:

Below is an '08 interior picture vs. an '07.

post-1037-1188328646_thumb.jpg vs. post-1037-1188328740_thumb.jpg

Herein lies my dilemma. I love love love wood. One of the selling points to me of the Lincoln was the use of wood. One of it's major faults, again to me, is the cheap painted satin look of the plastic. You can never have too much wood, I'm sure everyone can agree on that.

As you'll notice in the above picture to the right, the maple works well with the satin. But picture that same dash in a black interior, with dark wood used ON it.

like this:post-1037-1188350027_thumb.jpg

An email back to me from B & I Trim stated this:

http://www.bitrim.com/wd806a.htm

I have listed the below options for your review and approval.

MKX

No.

WD806A-CF CARBON FIBER

WD806A-DNVM OEM dark (Navigator 07-UP)

WD806A-NT Light OEM MATCH (Navigator 07)

Do you see where a problem lies with an '07 MKX? IF you use the Dark wood applique you will have the satin buttons showing, or a two-tone finish. BUT if you get this dash in an '08 MKX, and then applied the applique, it's like it was straight from the factory that way. NO clashing. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Sigh :lastyear:, I need mo money, I can see myself, replacing the '07 grill and control buttons on that dash with both from an '08 now. The grill being this '07 one vs. the '08:

post-1037-1188330021_thumb.jpg vs. post-1037-1188330055_thumb.jpg

The '08 grill is blackened out except for the chrome bars.

And heck since everyone wants to add new wheels to their edge, I personally wood love to have those '08 wheels on my '07 MKX also.

I guess I will be waiting til next spring, before I find out what it would cost to change out those buttons to an '08 style on the dash, then purchase the dash kit. For those getting an '08, you have much much better options now to chose from, you lucky lucky people's.

One last request, has ANYONE added any dash kit to your CUV and can you upload pic's for all to see? :camera:

I have the stone interior on my MKX and I think the dark wood looks fine. If my MKX wasn't a lease I would consider doing the dark wood.

I have the stone interior on my MKX and I think the dark wood looks fine. If my MKX wasn't a lease I would consider doing the dark wood.

My Dealer had one on the lot with the dark wood kit. but the controls were black. I don't know how they managed that. I thought it was too much dark & looked a little bland for my taste.

It also had 20' Niche wheels with Toyo tires on them. It stickered for $48K.