Soon to be an Edge Sport owner...

YNOT

Hi. I'm a newbie here, but not new to Fords by any means. I used to be a Chevy fan (still am) but my brother worked at the Hazelwood, MO Ford Assy plant for years and so I was able to benefit from his A-plan pricing. One purchase and I have been hooked on Ford's...mostly because of the discount, but also because of the excellent quality I've seen out of the half-dozen or more we've owned now.

A quick "about me"...I'm a 42 y/o male, work a full-time gig at a local Fortune 500 company, and then run my own Automotive Graphic Design business (www.tmooregraphics.com) on the side doing renderings, logo design, custom paint design, T-shirt artwork, etc. Cars a a huge part of my life. I'm a fanatic about keeping my cars clean and detailed and I like to customize them as well.

With that out of the way, my wife and I are trading in our black 2006 Mercury Mariner for a 2012 Edge Sport...hopefully today! The car is being delivered to the dealership and if all goes well, she should be ours tonight. We waited for about a month to see the new Escape, thinking that was what we wanted, but as it turns out, the new Escape just didn't 'wow' us for lack of a better term. After driving and edge limited, my wife loved it...hence, that's where we ended up. I nudged her a bit for the Sport edition, but the ride and comfort was great.

I'll post pics up of our new 'baby' once we get her, but in the meantime, here are some pics of our current cars...

My 1992 GMC Sierra...

92_GMC_sierra.jpg

GMC510_RIDGID_reflection.jpg

The wife's 2006 Mariner...

M708_cool_rear_low_shot.jpg

M708_dramatic_shot.jpg

and our 2001 Mustang GT...

GT_3qtr_view.png

GT_rear_low.png

S1007_rear_deck.jpg

And because I miss it, here's my prior 2001 ZX3, which I traded in for the Mariner in 2006...

804_10_rear.jpg

804_12_top_frtZ.jpg

So there you have it...a bit about me and my love for cars. As I said, I'll be sharing pics of our Edge Sport as soon as we get it. I can't wait to spend a weekend thoroughly detailing and polishing the new paint to a flawless shine.

See you all around the boards...I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done to 'customize' their Edges.

We've officially gotten rid of our 2006 Mercury Mariner. She's been replaced with a 2012 Ford Edge "Sport"...dark blue pearl metallic. This baby's completely loaded...3.7L Duratec V6, 305HP, 6-speed SelectShift automatic, heated leather seats, panoramic sunroof, SYNC, nav, 22" wheels, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring...the works! We've never owned a car this loaded...never owed so much on a car either...hehe.

We literally drove it off the lot at 9:00 last night, so I haven't been able to get any good pics other than a few on the lot while I was waiting. A complete detail and proper photo shoot is coming in the next week or two. We've gotta take it on a road trip this weekend so I'll have no time to clean it...just lots of behind-the-wheel time.

So, for now, here are a few pics I snapped at the dealer last night finishing it up...

EDGE_dealer_rear.jpg

EDGE_dealer_frt.jpg

EDGE_22inch_wheels.jpg

No plans for it as of yet, other than I'll likely tint out the front side windows to match the rest and maybe a tinted banner across the front window. Still need to start researching what things are available for it. I would like to paint out the grill to match the blue. The pearl black is cool...but I'd really like it to be blue.

Hope you like it. Comments and critiques are welcome.

Oh, and this is what we got rid of...

M708_cool_rear_low_shot.jpg