Hitch preference

flyers27

Just wondering what people with 2011's are using for trailer hitches? I read a post that included pictures and gave a few reviews on a few of the more popular models. It seems that the Draw-tite is a good fit, but the rear bumper is pressed up about an inch touching the hitch plate. I also read that the someone who had the Curt installed, was experiencing rattles against the muffler and had to buy new muffler hangers to lower the muffler (which I DO NOT want to do). Have not heard anything bad about the Hidden Hitch, but its also the most expensive. So basically just seeing if anyone had any issues with rubbing or rattling. i dont think i want to deal with the rattle of the Curt, or the bent up bumper from the Draw-tite. I also have to mention that My limited has th two muffler system.

I haven't heard of the Curt rattling...I actually got the Curt because I previously installed a Valley and it hit the exhaust cans since the design changed between 2010 and 2011. I went with the Curt because at the time it was the only one that specifically had pictures and video of it installed on an 11 with the same exhaust cans I have. So the Curt is rattle free but you do see a rather large cross bar under the bumper.

• Like 1

I am 99% sure I'm going to get a hidden hitch, and mount it myself. I figure the of a pair of tin snips is better than paying the installer. Hidden hitch has a nice little install PDF to follow, so I'm confident I wont destroy most of my Edge.

What ever one you get the install is easy. Really the only difficult part to getting the hitches installed is the size and weight. If you have someone work with you it is super easy, by yourself you need to be careful not to push the bolts back into the frame. I would recommend lifting one side up and loosely fixing nuts. Get them fully engaged so it won't land on your head but then lift the other side and connect those nuts. I just found it easier to only line up two holes than four separated by a few feet.