chrome mirror covers

I just replaced the mirror covers on my edge with chrome covers from the MKX. The covers are interchangeable and are easily removed by simply grabbing 1 end of the cover (closest to the door)and giving it a quick jerk. They were $70 for the pair from my local ford dealer. I edited this post as member "7" was highly upset at my using capital letters thru the whole post. So this edit is for you "7"....may we return to fight another day "7". :rant::finger:

Edited by SALEENS7

• 2 weeks later...
I JUST REPLACED MY BODY COLORED MIRRORS ON MY EDGE WITH CHROME PCS. IN CASE ANYONE WANTED TO KNOW..THE MKX PLASTIC CHROME MIRRORS ARE ACTUALLY A COVER THAT CAN BE USED ON THE EDGE. IT IS A DIRECT FIT. JUST GRAB THE INNER PART OF THE COVER ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE MIRROR AND GIVE A QUICK TUG...IT COMES RIGHT OFF AND U CAN REPLACE IT WITH THE CHROME PC FROM THE MKX. MY FORD DEALER ORDERED THEM AND THEY COST ME $70 FOR THE PAIR. THE INSTALL TOOK ALL OF 2 MIN. WILL POST PICS IN A FEW DAYS, MY CAMERA PHONE DIED.

Sweet. I posted a thread about this back when I bought mine but nobody had a firm answer. Thanks a bunch for confirming that they do indeed work.

I JUST REPLACED MY BODY COLORED MIRRORS ON MY EDGE WITH CHROME PCS. IN CASE ANYONE WANTED TO KNOW..THE MKX PLASTIC CHROME MIRRORS ARE ACTUALLY A COVER THAT CAN BE USED ON THE EDGE. IT IS A DIRECT FIT. JUST GRAB THE INNER PART OF THE COVER ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE MIRROR AND GIVE A QUICK TUG...IT COMES RIGHT OFF AND U CAN REPLACE IT WITH THE CHROME PC FROM THE MKX. MY FORD DEALER ORDERED THEM AND THEY COST ME $70 FOR THE PAIR. THE INSTALL TOOK ALL OF 2 MIN. WILL POST PICS IN A FEW DAYS, MY CAMERA PHONE DIED.

I wish you would stop YELLING!! It is rude! Don't give me the excuse that you didn't know the caps were on, because you've done this a few times....have some courtesy! Are you f*ckin' deaf, or what???????? Maybe you have too much cheese in your ears, being that you're up there in Wisconsin.....tip any cows, lately????

Edited by 7

I wish you would stop YELLING!! It is rude! Don't give me the excuse that you didn't know the caps were on, because you've done this a few times....have some courtesy! Are you f*ckin' deaf, or what???????? Maybe you have too much cheese in your ears, being that you're up there in Wisconsin.....tip any cows, lately????
Did'nt we have this arguement last week...thought it was over. Dam it's like were married. I have since made sure that there are no continous caps in my posts, just for you. And the explicit word was not needed...i had just typed you 1 back, but erased it. No need to get on your childish level. Go back and look at some of the posts this past week...i have seen a few posts with people using all caps. Since you are the internet police, pls cuss them out too. Now as Rodney King said of the LA riots fame, "can we just get along!!!!!Oh, dont live in wisc any more......(was there only 6 months) yeah, the cheese between my ears and cow tipping was too much. "7"..i am sure we will meet to fight another day..... :rant::finger:

• 3 months later...

:hyper:

I just replaced the mirror covers on my edge with chrome covers from the MKX. The covers are interchangeable and are easily removed by simply grabbing 1 end of the cover (closest to the door)and giving it a quick jerk. They were $70 for the pair from my local ford dealer. I edited this post as member "7" was highly upset at my using capital letters thru the whole post. So this edit is for you "7"....may we return to fight another day "7". :rant::finger:

Thanks for your post. I read it last week and ordered covers from a local Lincoln dealer. How hard do you "jerk" on the old cover, I don't want to break anything. THANKS AGAIN, Adrian. :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...

LOOKS GREAT! ESPECIALLY IN THE LIFE-SIZE PHOTO :happy feet: WAS IT HARD TO REPLACE THE WINDOW TRIM??? I MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER THIS AS I REALLY LIKE IT ON THE EDGE LIMITED FOR 08. AND HOW DO YOU GET THE SKULL CAPS OFF? ARE THE TAPED ON OR SNAP INTO PLACE?

Edited by kevinb120

LOOKS GREAT! ESPECIALLY IN THE LIFE-SIZE PHOTO :happy feet: WAS IT HARD TO REPLACE THE WINDOW TRIM??? I MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER THIS AS I REALLY LIKE IT ON THE EDGE LIMITED FOR 08. AND HOW DO YOU GET THE SKULL CAPS OFF? ARE THE TAPED ON OR SNAP INTO PLACE?

They snap on. To remove the old ones you have to grab from behind and both sides, putting most of the pressure on the side nearest the car. Feels like you're breaking them, but I thought, so what, I've got new ones. Paid $35 each at the local Lincoln Dealer. They came in just two days.

Edited by adrianrg

They snap on. To remove the old ones you have to grab from behind and both sides, putting most of the pressure on the side nearest the car. Feels like you're breaking them, but I thought, so what, I've got new ones. Paid $35 each at the local Lincoln Dealer. They came in just two days.

Hi. I like it. If I get the chome one, and look at the inside, will it show the locking tabs. can you post a picture of where they pop off at.

thanks.

Well, I did it and they look great. Also I put the billet window sills. If you look on the door, down low, you will notice that i made my EDGE the first TEXAS EDITION EDGE. Adrian

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET TEXAS Edition! Sadly I dont think the NJ Edition would have the same impact.... But I do like yours!

Can you explaing what the billet window sills are?

Clayton

First to EDGIEGUY: They do look great but like you said the NJ Edition might not have the same impact. As for the snaps, there were four of them on the inside and look like small handles about the size of a penny, only square. Adrian

Clayton, The window sills are those chrome strips under the windows. These are stainless billet, so they won't rust. Got them from QAAUSA on ebay but they have a direct site also.

Adrian

Edited by adrianrg