!@#$#@#&%$! Emergency Flasher Button

4havnfun

I've had all of the common flasher issues but today's events pushed me over the edge (no pun intended)

Since day 1, I had issues accidentally triggering them. I tried to avoid the flasher button when using the touch screen and thought I was getting good at it until the day I tried to turn the flashers on and they wouldn't come on. Tried pulling fuse 29 and master reset with no success. I upgraded to 2.11 and they magically started working again albeit still very sensitive. The performance update seemed to improve things as it appeared to decrease the sensitivity, but the problems remain.

Today I pull up in a no parking zone to unload some boxes and I turn on the flashers. They didn't respond to the 1st couple of touches but on the 3rd attempt they came on.

I finished unloading the boxes and this is where the fun begins as the flashers won't turn off. I tried everything, short touches, long touches, master resets, pulling fuse 29, disconnecting the battery, all to no avail. Cycling through all of these for several hours the button finally responded after probably my thousandth touch.

I'm now at the point where we are afraid to drive the vehicle in case the flashers get stuck on or are not available if we need them. This is unacceptable for a new vehicle. We'll see what the dealer can do this week as we are heading off on vacation soon.

I guess I was so agitated when I posted that I didn't express myself clearly enough. I'm on 3.0.2 but my flasher problem got sorted out with the 2.11 update.

These ongoing MFT problems remain a disgrace. I don't even want to think about the hit we are all going take come trade-in time. If Ford doesn't cough up some sort of compensation then they deserve a major class action suit.

• 3 weeks later...

I had simular problems, contacted ford customer service in Detroit and they asked for my VIN #. They came back and told me to go back to the dealer and have the computer reflashed, and that rev 3 did not cover the bugs my car had when it was manufactured.I had the car reflashed,I have not had any problems since.

Get your cars computer reflashed ,I think it will solve your problem Doug