Bra for your Edge?

Penna Edge

I swear by the clear bras. If at all possible I drive any cars I buy directly to my the tint and clear bra shop. I have everything that is painted on the front end done as well as head lights, door handle pockets and below the back hatch. It is not cheap but I never have to deal with the chips at all and I live in an area they but sand on the roads in the winter. Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone thought of putting a bra on your Edge to try and minimize the # dings and paint chips on the front end? From past experience, the heavier leather bras tend to make the paint fade if you don't take them off and dry them periodically.

I'm seeing some clear bras on EBay for ~$25 that I may try out...just wondered if anyone has been there/done that. Thanks

I put the 3M film on mine. Much better than a "bra" IMO. "Bra's" are a pain in the butt whereas, the 3M film is invisible and is easy to keep clean. It can be waxed just like the paint and is slippery so, bugs, tar etc... wipe off easier tna paint.

You can look at my MKX with the 3M in my album "JR's MKX" see if you can tell its on. In any case, GOOD LUCK ! JR

I second (or third) the 3M clear bra - [ WOO HOO CLEAR BRA's. ]

Nonetheless, the are life savers. Brother has Maxima with it and a rock hit the front hood and exploded onto his windshield. Yes there is a nice dent in the hood BUT the clear bra did NOT break and thus no issues (other than a dent).

And it looks way better than the 80's bra's - ick!

Solas

• 1 year later...

Just finished a self install of a clear bra for my EDGE...

Went with these guys. http://www.invisiblemask.com

About $350 for the hood, front bumper, lights, mirrors, and the first 1/4 of the front fenders. I was worried about a do-it-yourself project this big and I watched every youtube video of the install process. Those videos really helped especially when it came time to stretch the plastic around corners. (That stuff can really wrap and stick) Anyway, the wife says it looks perfect. I would recommend this this company to anyone wanting to try it themselves. :rockon:

Mike