Puddle lights

colinero

I have a 2010 edge sport, I bought the car a few weeks ago, and I heard about the puddle lights, so I went to my car to see how they work, and they do not come on at all. I removed the light bulbs and tested them and they work ok. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

I checked all breakers and all are ok.

I have a 2010 edge sport, I bought the car a few weeks ago, and I heard about the puddle lights, so I went to my car to see how they work, and they do not come on at all. I removed the light bulbs and tested them and they work ok. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

I checked all breakers and all are ok.

Hi colinero. :D Just wondering, did you check them during the day or at night? In most vehicles, they are tied into the ambient light sensor and will not illuminate during the day.

If that is not the issue, then if the vehicle is still under Warranty (3 years/36,000 miles), bring it in for proper diagnosis and service. Other than checking bulbs and fuses, tracing an electrical issue over the Internet is fruitless.

Keep us updated and good luck. :beerchug:

• 1 month later...

I did check them at night. I believe there is some sore of not electrical issue but programming issue instead. My ambient lights are always on, and also my gauges illuminations at night were very dimmed. I was doing something to my car regarding ambient light setting and now my gauges illumination is fine, but ambient lights are on all the time and puddle lights do not come on. I will not take my car to the dealer; they will rip me off for a simple thing. I rather live with no puddle lights

• 3 weeks later...