Rough and slow acceleration and shifting 2012 Edge

igcitng

I have a 2012 Limited AWD. In June it was a mess so I took it in. They said the computer had come undone. So they fixed it and the tailgate started working correctly etc. However, the issue of rough shifting stayed. And this past Saturday I got home to the Edge smelling horrible and leaking oil, the telltale PTU smell. Took it in yesterday and sure enough it was the PTU leaking. They fixed that but said the shifting and accelerating issue I am complaining about is all in my head. There is a TSB that I found for this issue for the 2011's but not the '12. What happens is that when I turn a corner or speed up from a very slow speed, like if I slow down for someone turning, it will not accelerate. If I push it to accelerate it kicks and throws me back in the seat. It accelerates very slow, like it is struggling. There is also no passing gear so on the tollway or anywhere for that matter you cannot hit the gas and get out of the way. It runs pretty good if you drive it in manual. Has anyone experienced this? I can't take it anymore and if it cannot be fixed it will be traded in. I told the dealer if it is running so well you will give me a good trade, right? Thanks for any info or thoughts.

Not really haveing the same problems but maybe try a different dealer . I see u live in il burbs what dealer do u go to?

I go to Riverview Ford in Oswego where I bought it. They are awesome there, no complaints. Just not sure how the tech can say it drives fine when my fiancee who is a mechanic says it is not fine. He feels the shift points are off at the very least. The Focus they loaned me had more oomph than my Edge. And my 2008 Edge was very zippy. And we do not remember this Edge driving like this when I got it. Over the weekend and today I noticed a whole new and different feeling at higher speeds. This weekend I am going to ask to drive another Edge to see for myself. And if that is how it is then I think a different vehicle may be the only solution. To have no power to pass traffic or to be able to hit the gas and have it respond is not good.

I go to Riverview Ford in Oswego where I bought it. They are awesome there, no complaints. Just not sure how the tech can say it drives fine when my fiancee who is a mechanic says it is not fine. He feels the shift points are off at the very least. The Focus they loaned me had more oomph than my Edge. And my 2008 Edge was very zippy. And we do not remember this Edge driving like this when I got it. Over the weekend and today I noticed a whole new and different feeling at higher speeds. This weekend I am going to ask to drive another Edge to see for myself. And if that is how it is then I think a different vehicle may be the only solution. To have no power to pass traffic or to be able to hit the gas and have it respond is not good.

air filter?