interior visor...it slides...

I've driven this vehicle over 5 years and just discovered this yesterday!

Slide on rod feature:

The visor will slide back and forth on the rod for increased sunlight coverage. Rotate the visor towards the side window and extend it rearward for additional sunlight coverage.

That's what I get for not reading the manual from cover to cover...what else have I missed out on???

I had never used the visor much since I'm tall and it generally blocks the top 2/3's of the windshield when it's down, but the last couple years since changing jobs and my commute is now more into the sun and generally beside me, I have been using it more on the side and many times I thought "man I wish this thing was a little longer or had that extension panel like my '97 Explorer had..." Then, yesterday as I had my hand up behind it grasping slightly, as I started to move forward, it slid back! What a pleasant surprise!

I've driven this vehicle over 5 years and just discovered this yesterday!

Slide on rod feature:

The visor will slide back and forth on the rod for increased sunlight coverage. Rotate the visor towards the side window and extend it rearward for additional sunlight coverage.

That's what I get for not reading the manual from cover to cover...what else have I missed out on???

I had never used the visor much since I'm tall and it generally blocks the top 2/3's of the windshield when it's down, but the last couple years since changing jobs and my commute is now more into the sun and generally beside me, I have been using it more on the side and many times I thought "man I wish this thing was a little longer or had that extension panel like my '97 Explorer had..." Then, yesterday as I had my hand up behind it grasping slightly, as I started to move forward, it slid back! What a pleasant surprise!

Reminds me of the guy who bought a chainsaw and brought it back to the store the next day. He complained that it just wasn't cutting very well.

The store employee takes it outside, fills it with gas/oil and starts it up. The customer says "hey - what's that noise?".

• 2 weeks later...