I see a lot of cancelations...

porciniman

in Ford's future!!!!!!

This is another bad launch for Ford.

My salesman can't give me a shipping date that's firm.

So far it has changed 3 times as has the production date of my ordered vehicle.

If I don't hear from him by the of the week, I'm canceling my order.

Maybe in February, when sales are sluggish and incentives are high enough to try and move this poorly marketed car, I might have another look see.

This car was ordered back in the middle of August.

Now, there are ads on TV and there is no product to be seen in the showrooms!!!!

Way to go Ford!!!! :angry: :angry:

in Ford's future!!!!!!

Maybe in February, when sales are sluggish and incentives are high enough to try and move this poorly marketed car, I might have another look see.

Now, there are ads on TV and there is no product to be seen in the showrooms!!!!

I feel your pain my friend! When I talked to my dealer last, they told me the Edge was comin in a week so I went out sold my Lightning privately. To my surprise, it didn't show up. Now, I'm left without a vechile. I'm really on the verge of finding something different becasue this really starting to piss me off.

Thanks again ford!

I feel your pain my friend! When I talked to my dealer last, they told me the Edge was comin in a week so I went out sold my Lightning privately. To my surprise, it didn't show up. Now, I'm left without a vechile. I'm really on the verge of finding something different becasue this really starting to piss me off.

Thanks again ford!

I think what happened is that dealers eager for a sale were giving out un-realistic dates. :redcard: Edge orders were always planned to start arriving the first week of December.

Is there a memo out there that dealers received that says otherwise? :confused:

in Ford's future!!!!!!

I don't think this is a "bad launch for Ford." A bad launch is when you ship cars that aren't ready for prime time and then word of mouth spreads like wildfire and then everyone starts saying, "Why the heck didn't just get the cars right instead of rushing them out." Long term thinking rather than short term thinking is the key to Ford's survival. If you decide not to cancel, you'll probably appreciate the extra time they're taking to get this right.

I don't think this is a "bad launch for Ford." A bad launch is when you ship cars that aren't ready for prime time and then word of mouth spreads like wildfire and then everyone starts saying, "Why the heck didn't just get the cars right instead of rushing them out." Long term thinking rather than short term thinking is the key to Ford's survival. If you decide not to cancel, you'll probably appreciate the extra time they're taking to get this right.

Yep, I agree here. Traditionally, Ford shipped cars out with issues that the dealer had to fix. This no longer seems to be the case at Ford. One only has to look at the success of the Fusion, Milan and Zephyr to see this.

If it takes Ford a few extra weeks to iron these issue out, I am good with that. This does suck for people who need their Edge NOW, but this is a long term effort by Ford this must be applaued. The USA Today article points out that even Toyota delays launches these days.

I just want the vehicles to be right when they arrive. If it takes a few more weeks it will be worth it. People that have been coming in have been very understanding.

We are in the same situation as everyone else on this post. Ordered a car with a ballpark delivery of October. Build date was supposed to be mid-October. Then quality problems caused all Vista Roof pre-orders to be delayed.

Yet, I reluctantly agree that this is probably the right move long-term for Ford. However, Ford should be more pro-active in keeping pre-order customers happy. Given the marketing dollars spent to acquire a single customer, I'm surprised that Ford takes no interest in pre-order customers. These are people geniunely excited about a new product, and will evangelize it to their acquaintances. You can't buy positive word of mouth like that. Even a small token like a weekly status update from Ford HQ would demonstrate commitment.

Unfortunately, we have been without a car for too long. We are forced to cancel our order, and purchase either a Mazda CX-7 or Toyota something this weekend.

Best of luck to everyone with their orders.

We are in the same situation as everyone else on this post. Ordered a car with a ballpark delivery of October. Build date was supposed to be mid-October. Then quality problems caused all Vista Roof pre-orders to be delayed.

Yet, I reluctantly agree that this is probably the right move long-term for Ford. However, Ford should be more pro-active in keeping pre-order customers happy. Given the marketing dollars spent to acquire a single customer, I'm surprised that Ford takes no interest in pre-order customers. These are people geniunely excited about a new product, and will evangelize it to their acquaintances. You can't buy positive word of mouth like that. Even a small token like a weekly status update from Ford HQ would demonstrate commitment.

Unfortunately, we have been without a car for too long. We are forced to cancel our order, and purchase either a Mazda CX-7 or Toyota something this weekend.

I agree with you. It appears that Dearborn is not communicating with their dealer body or the dealer body isn't relaying this info. to the customers. I think this is the third cancellation I've seen on this board, which is not good at all.

I agree with you. It appears that Dearborn is not communicating with their dealer body or the dealer body isn't relaying this info. to the customers. I think this is the third cancellation I've seen on this board, which is not good at all.

I think in the US, a 3-year lease is 1% Interest rate @ 51% residual and a 2 year lease is @ 62% residual. I'm assuming NO REBATES (you would think they could give us loyal customers at least $500 as a returning lease. I do get X-Plan. I ordered a SEL w/ Rear Sensor and Trailer Hitch. They ordered another one that I will have first dibs on that is only a SE w/ trailer hitch and connivence package.

However, if they don't give me a firm lease payment estimate and start giving FIRM build dates and delivery dates (Even if it's two months from now) I'm starting to think that Volvo V50, V70 or Freestyle is the way to go. I might even start looking at GM's and Chrysler's again. They didn't offer me ANYTHING on freestyles a few months ago so I doubt if they have anything good now.

Bill

Same for us too! we are going out tomorrow and will either have a Toyota something or the Mazda CX-7 by Sunday. I just can't deal with this anymore... not even the delay (which I can partly understand) but the sub-par treatment and nonchalance by the dealer towards us. I'm over it all!

Good luck to those that hang in there.