Front and back Anti-sway bars???

ErikB

• 1 month later...

Front or all wheel drive?

Also, from my experience, if Ford offered a set of performance parts, it would be one thing. But don't trust just any old vender to offer such parts that will actually improve performance AND safety. Too much oversteer is not what you want.

I own a Chrysler mini-van that is usually not offered with a rear sway bar in the States, but is standard on "export" models. I just got the proper part numbers and would up with a much nicer vehicle, performance wise, without too much oversteer. Chrysler spent the money to get the parts right. Be careful out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Erik , I believe I am looking for the same solution as U to a roll problem w/ my 2009 SEL . I called a suspension shop here in Toronto and they seemed to think a set of shock mount insulators would fix the problem . I'm not convinced but plan to research a bit more and maybe test out.here's a link to images of https://www.google.ca/search?q=shock+mount+insulator&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-ca:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SKPT_en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=hParUIjbEeqe2QWxkIH4BA&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=627

Shock mount insulators won't do anything for roll. Roll is strictly a function of the CG/weight of the vehicle and the spring and anti-sway bar rate. Those are the only things that affect the amount of roll.

Now roll-control is a different thing. How fast the vehicle rolls (ie how long it takes to get to the steady-state roll condition) is different. That can be affected by many things, including to a small degree the shock insulators.

Is your issue really the amount of roll, like when going through a long freeway cloverleaf, or is the feeling that the vehicle is flopping over to quickly, especially when changing directions - like in a slalom.