New SEL w. EcoBoost Owner (Alberta)

iBraeson

Hey guys!

So, I wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Rob, aka Braeson (@braeson) or iBraeson (@ibraeson). I'm from Alberta, Canada and I own a 2012 Ford Edge SEL with 2.0L EcoBoost. Not only do I have a new Edge, I'm also BRAND NEW to the Ford name.

Some background. In December of last year, I drove a 2006 Buick Allure CX. The tranny gave way as I accelerated at a green light. Just toast, gone. I was down to a couple options. Either pay the $4000+ to repair, or go buy new. I went with the second option.

My wife and I settled on the Ford Edge, in Tuxedo Black. (Admittedly, neither of us were big on Ford, up until recently.) The EcoBoost and the research and write-ups I've read on it was the real deciding factor. And, WOW!. Are we ever happy with this decision! I picked it up nearly a month later on January 4th, 2012.

The harder decisions I have to make now, are the mods and addons. (LOL!) Here's some of my "planned" projects:

- KMC Rockstar wheels

- HID conversion kit [if anyone has some advise here, that'd be great as I can't find decent HIR2 (9012) kits. Even a retrofit solution]

(Ideally, I'd like to find blacked out hardware with HID projectors and LED halos)

- Superchip (Only a maybe right now)

- Cold-air intake (Again, suggestions would be amazing, guys)

- Matte finish the chrome grill

That's all I have so far. For now...

Looking at the future of Ford and where they're leading to industry, I can't see us driving anything but now. Look forward to chatting with you all soon.

R.

Congrats on your new Edge, welcome to the Forum, and you and your wife DIDN'T settle on the Edge, it was your SMART decision. Have my MKX 9 months, so far, has been sweet. I don't know how much you will gain with a superchip & cold-air intake, gotta be careful no to void your warranty with mods.

Joe

Hey Rob,

I was only busting your chops when I said you 'settled on' the Edge. Smart move with the premium care warranty, some say it's a waste of money, I say it's a gamble, like term life Insurance. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. My previous ride was a '06 Explorer Limited. Was a great truck, but in the last 9 months of ownership, the extended warranty covered over $4,000 in repairs - wheel bearing, axle, wiring harness, and more. I was grateful for having taken the warranty when I bought it. Check with the dealer before doing any mods, so you don't screw yourself with the warranty.

Joe