looking at purchasing a 2013 SEL

After my first attempt to purchase an edge went very sour a few years ago during cash for clunkers, Ive decided that i just love these too much to stay away any longer. Attached is the window sticker of the Edge im looking at. I absolutely despise the purchase process. Basically, Im eligible for x-plan pricing off the bat. However I have no clue as to what they can and cannot charge me over this price. Im looking at it as even if i negotiated a better price, then it opens me up to get screwed in the back-end (no pun intended). I was offered what my research shows to be a fair trade in, Im just really uncomfortable in this process. I purchased my fiesta last year with the help or TRUECAR.COM which no longer functions as it used to. Ive tried using carwoo.com but that never works. Any opinions or knowledge would be a great help to me. Thanks

Jay

WindowSticker.pdf

Edited by silentjay1980

After my first attempt to purchase an edge went very sour a few years ago during cash for clunkers, Ive decided that i just love these too much to stay away any longer. Attached is the window sticker of the Edge im looking at. I absolutely despise the purchase process. Basically, Im eligible for x-plan pricing off the bat. However I have no clue as to what they can and cannot charge me over this price. Im looking at it as even if i negotiated a better price, then it opens me up to get screwed in the back-end (no pun intended). I was offered what my research shows to be a fair trade in, Im just really uncomfortable in this process. I purchased my fiesta last year with the help or TRUECAR.COM which no longer functions as it used to. Ive tried using carwoo.com but that never works. Any opinions or knowledge would be a great help to me. Thanks

Jay

I can't find one exactly like that one but X plan price should be around $32K based on similar models I'm looking at in dealer inventory. That includes $1500 in incentives - yours may vary.

The dealer can only charge a $100 doc fee and other legal fees and taxes (tag, title, etc.) on X plan. Period. They can't add any additional equipment or services unless you ask for them. No other fees whatsoever. There is a chance you could negotiate a few hundred less than X plan but then you open yourself up to add-ons, higher doc fees and other hidden stuff that is prohibited with X plan. Plus you can buy from whichever dealer you want since the price will be identical.

So ive shopped around including an old reliable sales guy from the past and as I guessed, 300 under invoice is the best offer ive found. I suppose i should ask for the the write up to see the total out the door price. I had a horrible experience today at a dealer and this process is just taxing my patience (not to mention my brain)