Track my order

pinballbob2

I ordered a 2013 Edge Limited on August 3rd. I have yet to get a VIN or a build date from dealer. I have checked the last three weeks with dealer and have been told the same thing, NO BUILD DATE.

I do have a vehicle order confirmation paper with order No. 0047 Priority: 80. Order type 2. What does all that mean and can I check another way to make sure order has been placed. Maybe dealer is not telling me something.

Any help you can give and I'll say thank you.

I also ordered a new 2013 edge Aug 3rd. I contacted the dealer whom I ordered it from 2 weeks ago. He said they had just halted building edges just when I ordered mine and were working on another Ford product but that the edges should be coming back up for production soon. I have heard nothing. I was originally told 6-12 wks and I am sitting at 8 wks today and not even a build date. I do live up in "Tim-buck-two" here in the US of A, so wondering if that has anything to do with it or is Ford not keeping up with demand? I talked with a friend of mine who said it took her 4 months to get her new Taurus a couple yrs ago. I have my Vehicle order confirmation sheet with order number, priority number, dealer number, order type and price level provided by the dealership the day I ordered it. Anyone know how long it normally takes or if I can somehow check myself? I don't want to be a pest to the dealership as I am sure if they had an update they would call me.

The dealership didn't call me when they got a update. I had to go in an ask. I would check with them. The plant that makes the edge's is in canada. They just settled their union contract last Sunday. I was wondering if that slowed them down.

My dealer also told me 8 to 12 weeks. I think my will be 12 weeks. I found out this week that my edge is to be built the week of 8 October. Delivery is to be the week of the 22nd of October.

Good luck on a build date. Keep me posted. Just curious.

I also ordered a new 2013 edge Aug 3rd. I contacted the dealer whom I ordered it from 2 weeks ago. He said they had just halted building edges just when I ordered mine and were working on another Ford product but that the edges should be coming back up for production soon. I have heard nothing. I was originally told 6-12 wks and I am sitting at 8 wks today and not even a build date. I do live up in "Tim-buck-two" here in the US of A, so wondering if that has anything to do with it or is Ford not keeping up with demand? I talked with a friend of mine who said it took her 4 months to get her new Taurus a couple yrs ago. I have my Vehicle order confirmation sheet with order number, priority number, dealer number, order type and price level provided by the dealership the day I ordered it. Anyone know how long it normally takes or if I can somehow check myself? I don't want to be a pest to the dealership as I am sure if they had an update they would call me.

I ordered my 2013 Edge on Aug 31, and was told by the dealer on Sept. 14th that it was scheduled to be built on Sept. 24, then delivery should be week of Oct. 8th,, have not call dealer yet to see if it was built and ready for delivery,, but will call Monday,, hoping all is still on schedule.

Ā 

That is total BS - they don't stop building one vehicle to build another - they build them all at the same time. One of two things are happening with your order. First there could be some type of hold on certain parts or components that is preventing your vehicle from being built. The second - and far more likely - is that your dealer does not have sufficient allocation to get your vehicle built. Dealers only get a certain number of vehicles per year and if there are more orders than allocation the ones with the lowest priority get built first.

Ā 

You should be able to call Ford and get status if your dealer won't be honest with you. Get a copy of the DORA from the dealer and see if you have a VIN assigned yet then call Ford.

Priority 80 is very low on the scale (10-99, with 10 being highest priority), so you could be waiting a while. If this is a custom order they should have put it in as priority 10-19, otherwise it'll just be at the bottom of the dealer's inventory orders.

I ordered my 2013 Edge on Aug 31, and was told by the dealer on Sept. 14th that it was scheduled to be built on Sept. 24, then delivery should be week of Oct. 8th,, have not call dealer yet to see if it was built and ready for delivery,, but will call Monday,, hoping all is still on schedule.

Called today and was told, delayed a week, now should be delivered the week of the 15th,,, OH WELL,, was hoping it would arrive in time for wife's birthday,, but that is the 7th,,,I guess I'll try to find a toy that looks just like the one ordered and tell her Happy Birthday :play: :xlbirthday: :worship::yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

I have placed my order on 2013 Edge Limited with a dealer here in Michigan on Oct'12. The dealer told me that the vehicle can be expected to be delivered by Mid Nov but reading what other people are saying on this thread worries me. If someone received their vehicle can you please post as how many weeks it took for them to receive their Edge.

I have placed my order on 2013 Edge Limited with a dealer here in Michigan on Oct'12. The dealer told me that the vehicle can be expected to be delivered by Mid Nov but reading what other people are saying on this thread worries me. If someone received their vehicle can you please post as how many weeks it took for them to receive their Edge.

I ordered my Edge SEL on August 31th, and I got TODAY---YAAAHOOOO, so let's see, if my math is right, 30 days in Sept+18days to today in October, so that is 48 days. So 48 days divided by 7 days in a week=almost 7 weeks, my dealer had told me that it could be 6-8weeks, so he was pretty dang close on his ETA.

Ordered my edge limited on August 3rd. It is still not here. Dealer told me yesterday that my edge was on a truck to be delivered tomorrow. My edge was 12 weeks from order to delivery. Small dealership and small country town where I live may be the reason for order to take so long. I live 60 miles south of St Louis.

Ā 

Good luck getting it faster.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered my Edge SEL on August 31th, and I got TODAY---YAAAHOOOO, so let's see, if my math is right, 30 days in Sept+18days to today in October, so that is 48 days. So 48 days divided by 7 days in a week=almost 7 weeks, my dealer had told me that it could be 6-8weeks, so he was pretty dang close on his ETA.

Our car arrived today at the dealership we ordered it on Oct'12. 24 days from ordering.

Edited by varreanil