2010 engine miss / surging - ANNOYING!

rtdak00

my 2010 Edge Sport has an annoying miss (or surge) & It happens 2 distinct ways....steady cruise on hwy at 60mph or more (cruise on or off) the engine feels like i'm feathering the throttle by 200-300 rpms & it's constant !

the other time it happens is when I'm accelerating from a stop casually (keeping RPMS at or below 2200) at this point it bucks / surges (litterally feels like i'm goosing the gas when I'm not) accelerate harder above 2200rpms...it doesn't do it.

gas mileage is still great; had the trans separator plate TSB done about 2wks ago...this problem seemed almost worse since.

One tech couldn't feel it on 2 test drives; I had to take one with me today on a ride & he felt it several times.

There are no codes on the dash or PCM (so they say) he says the coils are good....he says the throttle body is good. It's only got 70kms or 40k miles They told me the techs would compare notes & get back to me

I love the vehicle...but this is driving me nuts!!! Its embarrassing to bring people for a ride the way this 2010 runs!

HELP....WTF is wrong? Is this happening to anyone else?

could it be Torque converter?? bad Plugs?? Vacuum Leak?? MAF sensor?? TPS sensor??

Edited by rtdak00

• 2 weeks later...

Well....here is my update: The dealer told me the pcm needs 1000kms (620 miles) to calibrate/re-learn everything after the reflash. What she should have said "your vehicle may run like SHIT during these 1000kms!

Pleased to report it drives great again, the shifting is great (much better after TSB) I'm back to loving the Edge again.

The only thing that still persists is at higher speeds (100+ kms) at steady speeds there is a constant small surge (what feels like a 100-200 constant fluctuation) Hopefully the dealer can diagnose what is causing that....