Vista-Roof Question and Potential Seal Issue

As I was preparing my 2011 Edge LTD for winter one of the things I do is to apply silicone to all the weatherstrip seals. I noticed the seal that runs between the front moon roof panel and the rear fixed glass has a gap of about 1/8 of an inch at some spots. It almost appears that the moon roof portion is adjusted slightly too high along the seal or the fixed roof portion is slightly too low. I checked some 2013's at the dealer lot and they all appear to be sealed properly. So far no leaks but I want to avoid any future problem with either water or wind noise intrusion Anyone else have this issue? Can it be adjusted? is it normal?

If we are talking about the same seal (I think we are) mine has been off on the passenger side by a couple of millimetres since day one. I've watched during heavy rains from the outside and it looks like water does bead and head off to the side, even with the slight gap. Whatever water makes it through I'm sure is drained through the internal system.

It's just one of those things that I live with - I'm not having them pull the headliner... enough little squeaks and snaps here and there as it is!

There is a torx screw on each side of the movable glass pannel that supports the back. I wonder if there is an adjustment up or down within that screw? Again if the dealer was to tell me the headliner has to come out I think I would go with tightening up that seal with a bit of reinforcement with the foam backer rod. It should tuck under there nicely. Taking the headliner out would only open a can of worms.