Programming a push button Key fob thingie

When we bought our 2011 edge limited the dealer only gave us 1 key for it. I bought another online and it needs programmed. Is there anyway for me to do this or anyway somebody can besides dumping a ton to the dealer for it?

thanks in advance

this is what it looks like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400333125447

If you only have one working key you can't do it yourself - has to go back to the dealer. This is for your safety so a valet can't clone a key to your vehicle using just the one key.

If they only gave you one 'thing-of-a-ma-gig' (key) I would go back to them and have them reimburse you for the one you bought, and program it too. You should always get 2 sets when you buy a car. Maybe you should give your salesperson a kick in the arse !

Edited by JOEHIO

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same position. the dealer has offered to get one for me at his cost and program it for free, but he's two hours away!

I found them online for $120 here so I need to find out how much to program it locally. It'll save me $40 in gas plus at least five hours of my time to drive back to the dealer!

There are used ones on fleabay starting at around $50, but a key blank is another $20 and it's a risk!