Greetings from the Jersey shore!

Bob C.

Hi all. New here. Just picked up a 2013 Edge Sport down in New Castle, Delaware. My '08 Sport Trac was submerged during the flood from Sandy. It was a hot little truck that I had done a bunch of things to. All in the name of looks and speed. Anyway, I chose the Edge so my wife would be able to get to the hospital in bad weather. Its AWD with just about every option. I think its a pretty cool ride. ride is nice, good power(haven't really gotten into it yet) and I'm getting about 19-20mpg. I still hang out at mysporttrac.com. Great bunch of folks over there. Great info and tips. So I'm kinda hoping to get the same here. No BS, no verbal attacks, just good stuff to do to my new truck.

I've already checked out a K&N intake, the Magnaflow exhaust and talked to my tuner down in Fla. to set up an SCT programmer with a couple of performance tunes for the motor/trannie. I've also contacted Eibach suspensions. I'm an amputee and if the truck were just a bit lower, it would be so much easier to get into. They make a set of 1.5" lower springs for the Edge. No other equipment is available from them at this time. And lastly, I gonna put the 22" wheels from my ST onto the edge, 285/35-22 on a 9.5" rim. If this sounds like I'm headed in the right direction, let me know. I hope to perhaps make contact with some of you in the area(Forked River, NJ). Thanks and I'mm looking forward to some advice. Bob

post-24933-0-44575800-1354084984_thumb.jpg

Hey Bob,

Congrat's on your new Edge, and welcome to the forum, it's a pretty cool place to hang out, and get some tips on things. Everything you mentioned on doing with your Edge sounds good to me. Sorry about your Sport Trac, a real bummer. I had three Explorers before my MKX, a '95, a '02, and a '06. Great trucks, but decided to downsize a bit, and very happy with the "X".

I'm up in Union county, Garwood, a little town between Cranford & Westfield. Maybe some day we can get to meet.

Regards,

Joe