Remove front passenger seat to clean?

I have a 2012 Ford Edge SEL, Ecoboost. I spilled a crock pot of soup - yes, stupid me for not keeping my fingers on it as i was driving. It spilled all over the passenger floor board. Fortunately the rubber mats caught most of it, but not all of it. I cleaned up what I could, but am considering taking it to a detailing center to get the carpet cleaned. Before I do that I thought I'd seek advice from my fellow Edge friends. How tough is it to take out the front passenger seat so i can clean the carpet? Any instructions out there? It has to be cleaned, as the soup smell will get overpowering in a couple days.

Not hard at all, just 4 bolts and 2 plugs. I just took mine out last saturday to replace the heated cushion....dealer wanted $786.00 to do it.

All in all talking the seat out will take about 15 min, the hardest cover to pop is the front right cover.

Its a 2 piece cover, front cap and long piece that runs down the length of the seat. Pop the front cap there it a small star screw, then slide the side piece forward.

The rear bolt covers: reach under the seat to the inner part of the rail, pull the end of the cover inward toward the center of the seat area, then slide it back.

I will say that the seat is a heavy bitch, I would just fold it forward all the way and then lean it back to rest against the rear seat to clean underneath.

Hope that helps.